8.2.216 / 5 September 2019
|Available in||35 languages|
Backup4all is a backup software for Microsoft Windows developed by Softland. It allows files to be backed up to any local or network drive, FTP or SFTP server, CD/DVD/Blu-ray, or other removable media. The term "backing up" means to save data on an external hard drive in case something happens to your personal computer. This is useful to safeguard sensitive data from deletion. Four different types of backups are supported: incremental backup, differential backup, full backup and mirror backup.
The application supports an XML plug-in system that allows backing up the data and settings of different software applications. It also gives the user the option to compress backed-up files using open-source standards.
Backup4all comes in three editions: Lite, Standard and Professional. It also has a portable version that can be installed on removable drives (such as USB flash drives). It is distributed as shareware and has a trial period of 30 days.
Supported operating systems:
- Windows XP SP2 – 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows Server 2003 – 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows Vista – 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 – 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows 7 – 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2016
- Intel Pentium II 333 MHz or better
- 256 MB or more of RAM
- 50 MB free hard drive space
- "Backup4all Version History". https://forum.backup4all.com/news-and-announcements-f4/changelog-backup4all-8-t2109.html.
- Softland (2019). "Languages". www.backup4all.com. https://www.backup4all.com/supported-languages.html. Retrieved 2019-09-05.