|Developer(s)||Tiburon Technology, Inc.|
2.0 (SR120) / August 29, 2008
ePrompter is a freeware e-mail notification program that, along with POP3, supports most popular webmail services as well as many older or less popular ones. It automatically checks multiple email accounts (up to 16) at regular intervals- the default period is 15 minutes, or manually at any time. It also permits users, after reading, to reply to emails received with simple text-only messages.
Since 2008, there have been many compatibility issues with Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail, Gmail and Windows Live Mail accounts, primarily due to said email services regularly changing their profile, system and accessibility. Eprompter is experiencing connection problems with all of the aforementioned accounts. As a result, over two million lines of code have been totally re-written by Tiburon Technology to correct these problems. Beta testing of ePrompter version 3.0 has been ongoing since 2012, and Tiburon hopes to have a fully tested version 3.0 available by 2017.
Dave Fishman of The Johns Hopkins News-Letter called it, "[t]he best e-mail program ever."
Charles Bermant of the Seattle Times called ePrompter the "Product of the Year" in 2001.
- Cohen, Joyce (September 5, 2002). "With a Single Click, a Vast E-Mail Harvest". The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2002/09/05/technology/with-a-single-click-a-vast-e-mail-harvest.html. Retrieved June 5, 2009.
- Fishman, Dave (March 29, 2009). "ePrompter: The best e-mail program ever". The Johns Hopkins News-Letter. http://media.www.jhunewsletter.com/media/storage/paper932/news/2002/03/29/Science/Eprompter.The.Best.EMail.Program.Ever-2248243.shtml. Retrieved June 5, 2009.
- Bermant, Charles (December 31, 2001). "ePrompter: 'Product of the year' award goes to free, spam-busting ePrompter". The Seattle Times. http://eprompter.com/SeattleTimes.htm. Retrieved December 31, 2001.
- ePrompter Users' Support Forum
- ePrompter. Simple. Fast. Smart. By Mellowreviewsdotcom
- ePrompter's free download
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ EPrompter. Read more