In information technology, a notification system is a combination of software and hardware that provides a means of delivering a message to a set of recipients. It commonly shows activity related to an account. Such systems constitute an important aspect of modern Web applications.
For example, a notification system can send an e-mail announcing when a computer network will be down for a scheduled maintenance.
The complexity of the notification system may vary. Complicated notification systems are used by businesses to reach critical employees. Emergency notification systems may take advantage of modern information technologies. Governments use them to inform people of upcoming danger.
In mobile phones and smartphones, there is a dedicated hardware sometimes included such as a notification LED to deliver messages or notify users.
- "What Is a Notification System?". wiseGEEK. http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-notification-system.htm. Retrieved 2016-02-24.
- "Tutorial: building a notification feed". Stream Framework (previously Feedly). http://feedly.readthedocs.org/en/latest/notification_systems.html. Retrieved 2016-02-24.
- PHILIP BROWN (2015-01-19). "Modelling a Notification System in PHP". Culttt.com. Archived from the original on 2015-01-19. http://culttt.com/2015/01/19/modelling-notification-system-php/. Retrieved 2016-02-24.
- Emergency telephone number
- Emergency alert system
- Emergency broadcast system
- Emergency communication system
- ePrompter, an e-mail notification system
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notification system was the original source. Read more.