Unsolved:Vatican conspiracy theories
Vatican conspiracy theories are conspiracy theories that concern the Pope or the Roman Catholic Church. A majority of the theories allege that the Church and its representatives are secretly controlling secular society with a Satanic agenda for global domination.
Pope John Paul I conspiracy theories
Pope John Paul I died in September 1978, only a month after his election to the papacy. The timing of his death and the Vatican's alleged difficulties with ceremonial and legal death procedures have fostered several conspiracy theories. British author David Yallop wrote extensively about unsolved crimes and conspiracy theories, and in his 1984 book In God's Name suggested that John Paul I died because he was about to uncover financial scandals allegedly involving the Vatican. John Cornwell responded to Yallop's charges in 1987 with A Thief In The Night, in which he analyzed the various allegations and denied the conspiracy. According to Eugene Kennedy, writing for the New York Times , Cornwell's book "helps to purge the air of paranoia and of conspiracy theories, showing how the truth, carefully excavated by an able journalist in a refreshing volume, does make us free."
Pope John Paul II's 1981 attempted assassination
Various theories have been brought forward in regards to the attempt by Mehmet Ali Ağca to kill Pope John Paul II. Those theories have involved the Grey Wolves, the Bulgarian Secret Service, and others.
The Know Nothings were an anti-Catholic political group in the United States, in the 1840s and 1850s, who claimed that the Irish and other Roman Catholic immigrants to the United States would be controlled by the Pope for anti-American purposes.
There are several theories about the contents of the Vatican Apostolic Archives: some theories claim that they contain secret information about the Priory of Sion, proof that Jesus had a wife and descendants, secret information about the third secret of the Fatima, the real Spear of Destiny, secret information about the Holy Grail and/or the Ark of the Covenant, a supposedly-real Chronovisor machine, and many other secrets. There are also theories that claim that the Vatican has information about the Illuminati, and even secretly contains the world's largest collection of porn.
Jesuit conspiracy theories
- List of conspiracy theories
- Legends surrounding the papacy
- Jesuit conspiracy theories
- Pope John Paul I conspiracy theories
- "The man who says Pope John Paul II was a fraud - and why he tried to thump me". Independent. 2007-04-07. http://www.independent.ie/unsorted/features/cover-story--the-man-who-says-pope-john-paul-ii-was-a-fraud--and-why-he-tried-to-thump-me-42269.html.
- Gould, Peter (2005-04-02). "1978: Year of the three popes". BBC. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/3008353.stm.
- Kennedy, Eugene (1989-11-05). "Was The Pope Murdered?". New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/1989/11/05/books/was-the-pope-murdered.html.
- Nezan, Kendal (July 1998). "Turkey's pivotal role in the international drug trade". Le Monde diplomatique. http://mondediplo.com/1998/07/05turkey.
- Paul B. Henze. The Plot to Kill the Pope, Holiday House, 1985.
- Anbinder; Tyler. Nativism and Slavery: The Northern Know Nothings and the politics of the 1850s (1992). Online version; also online at ACLS History e-Book, the standard scholarly study
- "Vatican's newspaper dismisses 'evidence' Jesus had a wife". https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/vaticancityandholysee/9574644/Vaticans-newspaper-dismisses-evidence-Jesus-had-a-wife.html.
- "Top 10 Things Possibly Hidden In The Vatican Secret Archives" (in en-US). 2020-05-04. https://listverse.com/2020/05/04/top-10-things-possibly-hidden-in-the-vatican-secret-archives/.
- "Why the Ark of the Covenant is one of history's enduring mysteries" (in en). 2017-01-21. https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/article/ark-covenant.
- Apr 10, Anri Ichimura |; 2020. "The Very Holy and Very Lost Foreskin of Jesus Christ". https://www.esquiremag.ph/long-reads/features/lost-foreskin-of-jesus-christ-a00304-20200410.
- "6 Creepy Conspiracy Theories About the Vatican's Secret Archives | Realm Blog" (in en). https://www.realm.fm/blog/6-popular-conspiracy-theories-vaticans-secret-archives.
- Adams, Cecil (1982-03-26). "Does the Vatican have the world's largest pornography collection?" (in en). https://www.straightdope.com/21341245/does-the-vatican-have-the-world-s-largest-pornography-collection.
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican conspiracy theories. Read more