AdvancedTCA Extensions for Instrumentation and Test (AXIe) is a modular instrumentation standard created by Aeroflex, Keysight Technologies, and Test Evolution Corporation. (In October 2008, Aeroflex had purchased a 40% shareholding in Test Evolution.)
AXIe was targeted for general-purpose instrumentation and semiconductor test. AXIe is based on standards from AdvancedTCA (ATCA), PXI, LAN eXtensions for Instrumentation (LXI), and Interchangeable Virtual Instruments (IVI). AXIe was formally launched on November 10, 2009.
Additional members joining the AXIe Consortium were: VIAVI Solutions, Guzik Technical Enterprises (December 2009), Giga-tronics (January 2010), ADLINK Technology, Conduant (2019), Elma Electronic, Samtec, Informtest, Power Value Technologies, Synopsis and Modular Methods.
In October, 2017, the AXIe consortium announced a new specification, Optical Data Interface (ODI), suitable for high-speed instrumentation systems addressing challenging applications in 5G communications, mil/aero, and advanced communication research. The new standard enables a 20 GB/s (160 Gbit/s) data transfer connection between instruments and/or data recorders using multi-mode optical fibers.
- "AXIe Products | AXIe modular systems, including chassis and measurement modules". https://www.keysight.com/us/en/products/modular/axie-products.html.
- Rick Nelson (November 11, 2009). "AXIe instrument standard emerges, but don't worry (archived at 22nd of February 2012)". Blog. Test and Measurement World. Archived from the original on February 22, 2012. https://web.archive.org/web/20120222053113/http://www.tmworld.com/blog/Taking_the_Measure/26089-New_AXIe_instrument_standard_emerges_but_don_t_worry.php. Retrieved May 27, 2013.
- Aeroflex, Inc. (June 2009). "Annual Report (Form 10K)". US Securities and Exchange Commission. https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/2601/000114420409046933/v159572_10k.htm. Retrieved May 27, 2013.
- "Aeroflex, Agilent Technologies, and Test Evolution Propose New AXIe Test Standard". News release. November 10, 2009. http://www.axiestandard.org/images/Aeroflex_Agilent_and_Test_Evolution_Propose_New_AXIe_Test_Standard_091110a.pdf. Retrieved May 27, 2013.
- Bill Schweber (November 10, 2009). "Three companies form AXIe test standard consortium". EE Times. http://www.eetimes.com/electronics-news/4085819/Three-companies-form-AXIe-test-standard-consortium. Retrieved May 27, 2013.
- "AXIe Consortium". http://www.axiestandard.org/members.html. Retrieved May 11, 2020.
- "AXIe Consortium and Multiple Companies Announce Optical Communication Standard for Instrumentation Systems". May 11, 2020. http://axiestandard.org/files/ODI/AXIe%20Consortium%20and%20Multiple%20Companies%20Announce%20Optical%20Communication%20Standard%20for%20Instrumentation%20Systems%20.pdf.
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AXIe. Read more