Biology:Clinical Microbiology Reviews
|Edited by||Jo-Anne H. Young|
American Society for Microbiology (United States)
|Frequency||Continuous online publication, quarterly print|
|Delayed, after 12 months|
|ISO 4||Clin. Microbiol. Rev.|
Clinical Microbiology Reviews (CMR) is a peer-reviewed academic journal that publishes scholarly works of interest in the areas of clinical microbiology, immunology, medical microbiology, infectious diseases, veterinary microbiology, and microbial pathogenesis. It is a delayed open access journal, full content is accessible via PubMed Central and the journal's website after a 12-month embargo. In April 2015, the journal transitioned to a continuous online publication model for CMR (whereby articles are published as they become ready, before the issue in which they will appear has been finalized). There is still a quarterly print issue. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2014 impact factor of 17.406, ranking it 2nd out of 119 journals in the category "Microbiology". CMR was established in January 1988. The founding editor was Josephine A. Morello (University of Chicago Medical Center). Editorial board structure changed in 1992 and Morello became editor-in-chief. Betty Ann Forbes (State University of New York) was appointed editor-in-chief in 1997. Irving Nachamkin (University of Pennsylvania) was appointed editor-in-chief in 2002 until 2012. Jo-Anne H. Young's (University of Minnesota) term as editor-in-chief ends in 2017. It is the ninth journal established and published by the American Society for Microbiology.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Microbiology". 2013 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2014.
- Morello, JA (April 1999). "Clinical Microbiology Reviews: Genesis of a journal". Clinical Microbiology Reviews 12 (2): 183–6. doi:10.1128/CMR.12.2.183. PMID 10194455.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Thomson Reuters. http://ip-science.thomsonreuters.com/mjl/. Retrieved 2014-12-13.
- "Serials cited". CAB Abstracts. CABI. http://www.cabi.org/publishing-products/online-information-resources/cab-abstracts/. Retrieved 2014-12-13.
- "CAS Source Index". Chemical Abstracts Service. American Chemical Society. http://cassi.cas.org/search.jsp. Retrieved 2014-12-13.
- "Clinical Microbiology Reviews". Ulrichsweb. http://www.ulrichsweb.serialssolutions.com/title/1418911900433/168868. Retrieved 2014-12-18.
- "Serials cited". Global Health. CABI. http://www.cabi.org/publishing-products/online-information-resources/global-health/. Retrieved 2014-12-27.
- "Clinical Microbiology Reviews". NLM Catalog. National Center for Biotechnology Information. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nlmcatalog/8807282. Retrieved 2014-12-13.
- "Serials cited". Tropical Diseases Bulletin. CABI. http://www.cabi.org/publishing-products/online-information-resources/tropical-diseases-bulletin/. Retrieved 2014-12-27.
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Clinical Microbiology Reviews. Read more