Consciousness is the quality or state of being aware of an external object or something within oneself. It has been defined as: subjectivity, awareness, sentience, the ability to experience or to feel, wakefulness, having a sense of selfhood, and the executive control system of the mind. Despite the difficulty in definition, many philosophers believe that there is a broadly shared underlying intuition about what consciousness is.
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Consciousness"
The following 62 pages are in this category, out of 62 total.
- Consciousness (philosophy)
- Abstract and concrete (philosophy)
- Activation-synthesis hypothesis (philosophy)
- Altered level of consciousness (philosophy)
- Altered state of consciousness (philosophy)
- Animal consciousness (philosophy)
- Anti-nesting principle (philosophy)
- APZ questionnaire (philosophy)
- Artificial consciousness (computing)
- Aura (paranormal) (philosophy)
- Awareness (philosophy)
- Functional approach (philosophy)
- Higher-order theories of consciousness (philosophy)
- Online Consciousness Conference (biography)
- Qualia (philosophy)