Consciousness is the quality or state of being aware of an external object or something within oneself. It has been defined as: subjectivity, awareness, sentience, the ability to experience or to feel, wakefulness, having a sense of selfhood, and the executive control system of the mind. Despite the difficulty in definition, many philosophers believe that there is a broadly shared underlying intuition about what consciousness is.
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Consciousness"
The following 66 pages are in this category, out of 66 total.
- Philosophy:Abstract and concrete
- Philosophy:Activation-synthesis hypothesis
- Medicine:Altered level of consciousness
- Philosophy:Animal consciousness
- Philosophy:Anti-nesting principle
- Artificial consciousness
- Philosophy:Aura (paranormal)
- Philosophy:AWARE: Glimpses of Consciousness