|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hypothetical technology.|
A hypothetical technology is a technology that does not exist yet, but that has potential to exist in the future.
Hypothetical technologies are distinct from emerging technologies, which are new actual technologies, or developing technological fields presenting useful advances.
As there is often only a thin line between fiction and hypothesis, this category may have considerable overlap with Fictional technology.
Hypothetical technologies listed here should be:
- currently no such thing in actual existence
- not proven to be impossible
- not merely a (name for a) fictional idea
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Hypothetical technology"
The following 57 pages are in this category, out of 57 total.
- Hypothetical technology (unsolved)
- List of hypothetical technologies (unsolved)
- Cloaking device (physics)
- HIV vaccine (biology)
- Isotropic beacon (astronomy)
- Launch loop (physics)
- Orbital ring (astronomy)
- Quantum vacuum thruster (physics)
- Tectonic weapon (earth)
- Utility fog (physics)
- Vacuum airship (physics)
- Xenoarchaeology (unsolved)