Here is a list of articles in the Particle accelerators category of the Physics portal. In physics, particle accelerators are devices for generating streams of sub-atomic particles at very high energies. The field concerned with designing and building particle accelerators is called accelerator physics. Small particle accelerators are used in a variety of industrial applications, including radiation therapy. Large particle accelerators are installed at particle collider laboratories.
- Note to contributors
- This category is for particle accelerators.
- For accelerators with common purposes, use the categories Category:Particle physics facilities and Category:Synchrotron radiation facilities.
- For the physics of particle acceleration, related concepts and technologies, use Category:Accelerator physics.
- For articles about specific particle detectors and associated experiments, use Category:Particle experiments.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Particle accelerators"
The following 64 pages are in this category, out of 64 total.
- Particle accelerator (physics)
- List of accelerators in particle physics (physics)
- Accelerator Test Facility (Japan) (organization)
- Accelerator Test Facility (New York) (organization)
- ADA collider (physics)
- ADONE (physics)
- Advanced Cyclotron Systems (company)
- Accélérateur Grand Louvre d'analyse élémentaire (physics)
- ALICE (accelerator) (physics)
- Antiproton Accumulator (physics)
- Atomic beam (physics)
- Gyrotron (physics)
- Hadron collider (physics)
- KALI (electron accelerator) (physics)