Category:Structures on manifolds
Here is a list of articles in the category Structures on manifolds of the Computing portal that unifies foundations of mathematics and computations using computers. There are three main types of structures important on manifolds. The foundational geometric structures are piecewise linear, mostly studied in geometric topology, and smooth manifold structures on a given topological manifold, which are the concern of differential topology as far as classification goes. Building on a smooth structure, there are:
- various G-structures, which relate the tangent bundle to some subgroup G of the general linear group
- structures defined by holonomy conditions.
These can be related, and (for example for Calabi–Yau manifolds) their existence can be predicted using discrete invariants.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Complex manifolds (3 C, 77 P)
Pages in category "Structures on manifolds"
The following 52 pages are in this category, out of 52 total.
- (G,X)-manifold (computing)
- Categories of manifolds (computing)
- Metaplectic structure (computing)
- Open book decomposition (computing)
- Real structure (computing)
- Sasakian manifold (computing)
- Simplicial manifold (computing)
- Smooth structure (computing)
- Solvmanifold (computing)
- Spin structure (computing)
- Spinor bundle (computing)
- Spinor field (physics)
- Supermanifold (computing)
- Symplectic frame bundle (computing)
- Symplectic spinor bundle (computing)
- Symplectization (computing)