|Author||Dr. Andrej Poleev|
|Subject||Language, Natural language, Etymology, Logic, Linguistics, Psychoanalysis, Intelligence, Metascience|
|Publisher||Journal Enzymes ISSN 1867-3317, epubli|
|Media type||ebook (ISBN: 9781007171184) and print edition (ISBN: 9783753121864)|
|Website||html, pdf, softcover paperbook|
The term octology (Russian: октология) was introduced on 8 March 2010 by Dr. Andrej Poleev in his book of the same title to denominate a new scientific discipline, which should unify morphogenetic linguistics and neurobiology to investigate the development of the words, cognition and behavior. The book is now available in HTML format, as ebook in PDF format, and as softcover print edition.
Language is the mean of interpersonal understanding, and language is to which this book is dedicated. How does language come into being? What linguistic forms have existed, exist today, and will exist in the future? What is the relationship between culture and language? What are the neurobiological substrates of thought and the verbalization of mental content? With these and other questions deals new science, which was founded in 2010 to explore interdisciplinary the relationships between perception, verbalization and behavior. As a psychoanalytical concept, octology is related to the infinite analysis of Sigmund Freud.
In attempt to bridge the gap between psychology and molecular biology, Dr. Andrej Poleev invented several terms belonging to the conceptual circle of octologic terminology.
The term symbolom (Russian: символом) circumscribes a complete set of memorized symbols, signs, letters, numeral characters, and other basic elements of any particular language system, used by any particular person to produce a more or less coherent and continuous flow of speech and thought necessary for self-expression and interpersonal communication. The symbolom is an integral part of a more general set of visual, acoustic, tactile, and other sensual and self-reflexive forms of representation, serving as the basis of the psychic function of the brain, which allows construction of consciousness and conscious acts such as sense-making, knowledge acquisition, understanding, and volition.
In general, a visualization frame is a tool to make visible (and accessible it for further processing) any content, for example html code (internet browser), electronic document (pdf reader, operation system of the computer, monitor of the computer, computer itself), micro- or macroobjects (magnifying lens, telescope, microscope), electromagnetic wave spectrum (radio and television receiver and visualizer), text (book), self-image (mirror) etc. In particular, a neurovisual frame is a brain located complex specialized on visualization of any perceptive flow coming from sensory organs or from other group of neurons; by means of neurovisual frame we can realize any perceptive flow as notion, fantasy or reality.
Typology of mentality
Several types of mentality may be distinguished based on the subject–object relations, among which schizophrenic, mystic, mythologic, eclectic and scientific or logic. Proposed classification of mentality is briefly exemplified in an essay that gives an outline of typology.
Human behavior is the result of explicit and implicit, conscious and unconscious motives of any particular person, whose transformation into actions is largely determined by his intrinsic associatome (Russian: ассоциатома), i.e. the set of associations (in psychoanalytical sense) which is fixed in the structure of his memory. 
Universal Metadata Standard
Consciousness is based on the association of notions or a neural network. Similarly, the creation of the next generation Internet (semantic web) is impossible without attributes that allow the semantic association of documents and their integration into an information context. To achieve these goals, the Universal Metadata Standard (UMS) may serve as a basis for documentography and is functionally required for interpretation of documents by automatic operating systems.  Metanomic rules of referencing and addressing virtual objects implementing UMS in order to bring them closer to natural languages and to create a logical system of them shall be a particular aspect of the proposed reform of the Internet. 
The Octology award was introduced by editor and publisher of the Journal Enzymes ISSN 1867-3317 in order to honor those who have made a significant contribution in the field of Octology and to promote the fundamental and applied research in this field; to draw public attention to this direction of scientific thought; to attract the investitions for development and realization of octological projects; to enchance the epigenetic diversity of humans.  Awarded persons receive a honorary title Octologist, which is certified by a diploma. The list of laureates of the Award is published on a separate page. An anti-prize for outstanding achievements in anti-intellectualism and the multiplication of foolishness is awarded to those persons who deserves the title of King or Queen of Fools.
- A. Poleev. Octology. Enzymes, 2010.
- Sigmund Freud. Die endliche und die unendliche Analyse. Internationale Zeitschrift für Psychoanalyse, 1937, Bd. 23, Heft 2, S. 209-240.
- Термин символом служит для обозначения всей совокупности элементарных компонентов языковой системы (знаков, символов, цифр, букв), присутствующих в пространстве памяти и сознания человека, и используемых для производства более или менее связного и непрерывного потока речи и мыслей, необходимых для самовыражения и межличностной коммуникации. Символом является составной частью более общего множества визуальных, акустических, тактильных, и других чувственных и саморефлексивных форм репрезентации, являющихся основой психической функции мозга, посредством которых осуществляется конструкция сознания, реализуются смыслообразующая деятельность, понимание, воля.
- Типология ментальности. Классификация ментальных типов на основании субъект–объектных отношений.
- Человек – это память.
- A. Poleev. Business as usual and Ovsyankina effect. Enzymes, 2020.
- A. Poleev. Universal Metadata Standard. Scientific and Technical Information Processing, 2011, Vol. 38, No. 2, pp. 119–122.
- Универсальный стандарт метаданных.
- Reform of the internet.
- Github wiki
- Awards and nomination page
- Constituent notification
- Laureatеs of the Octology award
- List of persons to whom the title King or Queen of fools was granted.