Organization:International Society for Explosive Engineers
|Motto||To advance the science and art of explosives engineering.|
The International Society for Explosive Engineers (ISEE) is a tax-exempt professional body founded in 1974 to advance the science and art of explosives engineering.. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, it is the primary international organization for explosive engineers.
ISEE was founded in Pittsburgh in 1974, when a small group of explosive engineers came together to discuss how to advance the science and art of explosive engineering. Since then the ISEE has grown to over 4000 members with 43 local chapters.
The ISEE has 2 primary peer reviewed publications, and an industry handbook.
- Journal of Explosives Engineering
- Blasting and Fragmentation Journal
- Blasters' Handbook, 18th Edition
Conferences and education
Each year more than 1500 blasters, manufacturers, government officials and industry leaders, come together for an annual conference. The Blasters Weekend is a preconference event targeted at field personnel focusing on more practical knowledge and skills. The main conference is 3 days of technical papers and presentations. Both conference events qualify for continuing education units (CEUs) and/or professional development hours (PDHs) for most states licensing programs.
Awards and designations
Industry awards and designations presented at the annual national conference.
- Blaster’s Leadership Award
- Driller’s Leadership Award
- Distinguished Service Award
- Paper of the Year
- President's Award
- "About Us". International Society for Explosive Engineers. https://www.isee.org/who-we-are.
- "The Blasters' Trifecta". International Society for Explosive Engineers. https://www.isee.org/publications.
- "43rd Annual Conference on Explsives and Blasting Technique". International Society for Explosive Engineers. https://www.isee.org/conferences/2017-conference.