Some of the topics that explosives engineers study, research, and work on include:
- Development and characterization of new explosive materials in various forms
- Analysis of the physical process of detonation
- Explosive generated shock waves and their effects on materials
- Safety testing of explosives
- Analysis and engineering of rock blasting for mining
- Design and analysis of shaped charges and reactive armor
- Design and analysis of military explosives such as shells, aerial bombs, missile warheads, etc.
- Bomb disposal
- Drilling and Blasting 
- Explosive Manufacturing
- Explosives Safety Education and Certification
- Drilling Safety Education and Certification
- Blasting Safety Education and Certification
Listed in Alphabetical Order:
- Explosives Academy 
- International Society of Explosives Engineers (ISEE)
- Missouri University of Science and Technology 
- New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology (New Mexico Tech)
- The Academy of Blasting and Explosive Technology
- Chapman–Jouguet condition
- Civil engineer
- Chemical engineer
- Gurney equations
- Material science
- Rock Blasting
- Cooper, Paul W. (1996). Explosives Engineering. Wiley-VCH. ISBN 0-471-18636-8.
- "Academy Blasting". 11 January 2020. http://academyblasting.com/.
- "Konya Industries". 11 January 2020. http://www.konyaindsutries.com.
- "Precision Blasting Services". 11 January 2020. http://www.idc-pbs.com.
- "Explosives Academy". 4 February 2020. http://explosivesacademy.org/.
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Explosives engineering. Read more