Equinox J2000.0]] (ICRS)
|Right ascension||16h 54m 00.36029s|
|Declination||−57° 54′ 34.2317″|
|Apparent magnitude (V)||5.92|
|U−B color index||+1.92|
|B−V color index||+1.60|
|Radial velocity (Rv)||-40.7 km/s|
|Proper motion (μ)|| RA: -40.18 mas/yr |
Dec.: -123.26 mas/yr
|Parallax (π)||4.60 ± 0.47 mas|
|Distance||approx. 710 ly |
(approx. 220 pc)
HD 151967 is suspected variable star in the southern constellation of Ara. It is a sixth magnitude star, which means it is just visible to the naked eye in dark skies. Parallax measurements place it at a distance of approximately 710 light years from the Earth.
This is a red giant with a stellar classification of M1III; it has expanded to 53 times the radius of the Sun and radiates 637 times the Sun's luminosity. The star varies in brightness by an amplitude of 0.0156 in magnitude over a period of 26 days. The effective temperature of the outer atmosphere is 3,839 K, giving it the ruddy hue of an M-type star.
- van Leeuwen, F. (November 2007), "Validation of the new Hipparcos reduction", Astronomy and Astrophysics 474 (2): 653–664, doi:10.1051/0004-6361:20078357, Bibcode: 2007A&A...474..653V.
- Mermilliod, J.-C. (1986), "Compilation of Eggen's UBV data, transformed to UBV (unpublished)", Catalogue of Eggen's UBV Data. SIMBAD, Bibcode: 1986EgUBV........0M.
- Houk, Nancy; Cowley, A. P. (1979), Michigan catalogue of two-dimensional spectral types for the HD stars, 1, Ann Arbor, Michigan: Dept. of Astronomy, University of Michigan, Bibcode: 1978mcts.book.....H.
- Evans, D. S. (June 20–24, 1966), Batten, Alan Henry; Heard, John Frederick, eds., "The Revision of the General Catalogue of Radial Velocities", Determination of Radial Velocities and their Applications, Proceedings from IAU Symposium no. 30 (University of Toronto: International Astronomical Union), Bibcode: 1967IAUS...30...57E.
- Pasinetti Fracassini, L. E. et al. (February 2001), "Catalogue of Apparent Diameters and Absolute Radii of Stars (CADARS) - Third edition - Comments and statistics", Astronomy and Astrophysics 367 (2): 521–524, doi:10.1051/0004-6361:20000451, Bibcode: 2001A&A...367..521P.
- McDonald, I. et al. (2012), "Fundamental Parameters and Infrared Excesses of Hipparcos Stars", Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society 427 (1): 343–57, doi:10.1111/j.1365-2966.2012.21873.x, Bibcode: 2012MNRAS.427..343M.
- Koen, Chris; Eyer, Laurent (March 2002), "New periodic variables from the Hipparcos epoch photometry", Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society 331 (1): 45–59, doi:10.1046/j.1365-8711.2002.05150.x, Bibcode: 2002MNRAS.331...45K.
- "The Colour of Stars", Australia Telescope, Outreach and Education (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation), December 21, 2004, http://outreach.atnf.csiro.au/education/senior/astrophysics/photometry_colour.html, retrieved 2015-08-25.
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ HD 151967. Read more