Astronomy:HD 164595 b
|Discovered by||Courcol et al.|
|Discovery date||10 September 2015|
|0.23 AU (34,000,000 km)|
|Orbital period||40.00±0.24 d|
HD 164595 b is a confirmed exoplanet orbiting around a Sun-like star HD 164595 every 40 days some 94.36 light-years away. It was detected with the radial velocity technique with the SOPHIE echelle spectrograph. The planet has a minimal mass equivalent of 16 Earths.
Possible radio signal from star system
A recent (2016) radio signal at 11 GHz (2.7 cm wavelength) has been observed from the HD 164595 stellar system. It is unknown which planet of that stellar system is involved, if any. It could instead be gravitational lensing from a more distant source. SETI investigators are looking into it, but the chances of the signal being from an extraterrestrial civilization are considered slim, at best," with SETI researcher Eric Korpela calling it "uninteresting".
- "HD 164595 b Confirmed Planet Overview Page". NASA. http://exoplanetarchive.ipac.caltech.edu/cgi-bin/DisplayOverview/nph-DisplayOverview?objname=HD+164595+b&type=CONFIRMED_PLANET. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- Courcol, B.; Bouchy, F.; Pepe, F.; Santerne, A.; Delfosse, X.; Arnold, L.; Astudillo-Defru, N.; Boisse, I. et al. (2015-09-01). "The SOPHIE search for northern extrasolar planets" (in en). Astronomy & Astrophysics 581. doi:10.1051/0004-6361/201526329. ISSN 0004-6361. Bibcode: 2015A&A...581A..38C. http://www.aanda.org/10.1051/0004-6361/201526329.
- Plait, Phil (31 August 2016). "No, We Almost Certainly Did Not Detect an Alien Signal". http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2016/08/31/russia_astronomers_see_possible_signal_from_nearby_star.html.
- Moody, Oliver (31 August 2016). "PAYWALL - Title => Signal from the stars could be ET phoning Earth". The Times. http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/signal-from-the-stars-could-be-et-phoning-earth-kndtv6wpv. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- Gilster, Paul (27 August 2016). "An Interesting SETI Candidate in Hercules". Centauri Dreams. http://www.centauri-dreams.org/?p=36248. Retrieved 29 August 2016.
- Griffiths, James (30 August 2016). "Hear me now? 'Strong signal' from sun-like star sparks alien speculation". CNN. http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/30/health/seti-signal-hd-164595-alien-civilization/index.html. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- SETI observations on the RATAN-600 telescope in 2015 and detection of a strong signal in the direction of HD 164595 Bursov N., Filippova L., Filippov V., Gindilis L., Maccone C. et al. 2016 | in " IAA SETI Permanent Committee", Guadalajara, Mexico.
- Staff (29 August 2016). "Mystery radio signal may be from distant star system – or a military transmitter". KurzweilAI. http://www.kurzweilai.net/mystery-radio-signal-may-be-from-distant-star-system-or-a-military-transmitter. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- Korpela, Eric (29 August 2016). "Uninteresting from a SETI point of view". http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/forum_thread.php?id=80193.
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ HD 164595 b. Read more