Here is a list of articles in the Abstraction category of the Philosophy portal. Abstraction is the thought process in which ideas are distanced from objects. Abstraction uses a strategy of simplification of detail, wherein formerly concrete details are left ambiguous, vague, or undefined; thus speaking of things in the abstract demands that the listener have an intuitive or common experience with the speaker, if the speaker expects to be understood.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Abstraction"
The following 62 pages are in this category, out of 62 total.
- Philosophy:Absent-minded professor
- Philosophy:Abstract and concrete
- Philosophy:Abstract labour and concrete labour
- Philosophy:Abstract object theory
- Abstract structure
- Philosophy:Abstraction (art)
- Abstraction (computer science)
- Abstraction (mathematics)
- Abstraction layer
- List of abstractions (computer science)