Here is a list of articles in the Geomagnetic storms category of the Physics portal. Outside of a nuclear war or asteroid impacts, a large coronal mass ejection could have a devastating effect on the workings of electrical and electronic equipment on Earth, and orbiting satellites. Life on Earth has been significantly protected by the enormous gravitational effect of Jupiter on rogue asteroids that enter the Solar System, and by the Earth's magnetic field, which protects greatly from damaging solar particles.
Pages in category "Geomagnetic storms"
The following 15 pages are in this category, out of 15 total.
- Geomagnetic storm (physics)
- List of solar storms (astronomy)
- 774–775 carbon-14 spike (earth)
- 993–994 carbon-14 spike (earth)
- Aurora of November 17, 1882 (earth)
- Bastille Day event (earth)
- Halloween solar storms, 2003 (earth)
- January 1938 geomagnetic storm (earth)