Here is a list of articles in the category Idealists of the Biography portal. Supporters of idealism, the group of metaphysical philosophies which assert that reality, or reality as humans can know it, is fundamentally mental, mentally constructed, or otherwise immaterial. Epistemologically, idealism manifests as a skepticism about the possibility of knowing any mind-independent thing. In contrast to materialism, idealism asserts the primacy of consciousness as the origin and prerequisite of material phenomena.
Pages in category "Idealists"
The following 88 pages are in this category, out of 88 total.
- Augustine of Hippo (biography)
- Julius Evola (biography)
- Michael Oakeshott (biography)
- Friedrich Schleiermacher (biography)
- Arthur Schopenhauer (biography)
- Vasily Seseman (biography)
- Andrew Seth Pringle-Pattison (biography)
- Adi Shankara (biography)
- John Alexander Smith (biography)
- William Ritchie Sorley (biography)
- Bertrando Spaventa (biography)
- Silvio Spaventa (biography)
- Ugo Spirito (biography)
- Timothy Sprigge (biography)
- Günther Storck (biography)
- Pamfil Yurkevich (biography)