A structure on a set, or more generally a type, consists of additional mathematical objects that in some manner attach (or are related) to the set, making it easier to visualize or work with, or endowing the collection with meaning or significance.
A partial list of possible structures are measures, algebraic structures (groups, fields, etc.), topologies, metric structures (geometries), orders, equivalence relations, and differential structures.
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Mathematical structures"
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 29 total.
- Mathematical structure (computing)
- 4D vector (physics)
- Higraph (computing)
- Samuel J. Lomonaco Jr. (biography)
- Metric space (computing)
- Natural topology (computing)
- Structure (mathematical logic) (computing)
- Weakly o-minimal structure (computing)