A turbine is a rotary engine that extracts energy from a fluid flow. The simplest turbines have one moving part, a rotor-blade assembly. Moving fluid acts on the blades to spin them and impart energy to the rotor. Early turbine examples are windmills and waterwheels.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Wind turbines (1 C, 54 P)
Pages in category "Turbines"
The following 33 pages are in this category, out of 33 total.
- Turbine (physics)
- British Thomson-Houston (company)
- Centrifugal pump (engineering)
- Gas turbine (engineering)
- Laboratory for Energy Conversion (organization)
- Pump as turbine (engineering)
- SiC–SiC matrix composite (physics)
- Wells turbine (engineering)