|Industry||Health Care Technology|
|Fate||In the year 2016 was acquired by Pamplona Capital Management later merged with Equation now known as nThrive |
|John Bardis (CEO)|
|Products||Revenue Cycle Management|
Accountable Care Management
Spend and Clinical Resource Management
|Revenue||US$680.4 Million (FY 2013)|
|US$90.743 Million (FY 2013)|
|US$27.441 Million (FY 2013)|
|Total assets||United States dollar 1.613 Billion (FY 2013)|
|Total equity||United States dollar 489.789 Million (FY 2013)|
Number of employees
MedAssets, Inc. was an American healthcare performance improvement company. It provided products and services to 4,400 hospitals and 122,000 non-acute healthcare providers.
In early 2016, MedAssets was split into two companies and was sold out. The company no longer exists in its original form, although some of its products exist under other brand names under various companies including nThrive.
John Bardis founded MedAssets in June, 1999. The company began as a group purchasing organization (GPO) which offered its customers medical supply discounts. By August 2014, MedAssets had become the largest GPO in the United States. The company became publicly traded in 2007. MedAssets expanded its services over time and offerings included cost and clinical resource management, purchasing and revenue cycle solutions, change management consulting, and data-driven analytic software.
- In 1999, MedAssets acquired the GPO InSource Health Services of Los Angeles, California (see 2001 acquisition note for reference)
- In 2007, MedAssets acquired Xactimed
- In 2008, MedAssets acquired Accuro Healthcare Solutions
- In 2010, MedAssets acquired rival Broadlane
- In 2014, MedAssets acquired Sg2
- "MedAssets-Precyse gets new name:nThrive". http://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20160627/NEWS/160629938.
- "Financial Statements for MedAssets, Inc.". https://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:MDAS&fstype=ii.
- MedAssets to acquire Sg2
- MedAssets Locations
- CEO Blog: Changing How We Pay for Healthcare
- 6 of the Largest GPOs
- MedAssets IPO raises $212.8 million, top of range
- MedAssets Solutions
- XactiMed Acquisition
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Medassets. Read more