X11 color names
|ISCC–NBS descriptor||Vivid reddish pink|
The web color coral is a shade of orange. It is displayed at the upper right. Other modern color schemes use different shades of orange or red.
Variations of coral
The color coral red is displayed at right.
|ISCC–NBS descriptor||Deep yellowish red|
The complementary color of coral pink is teal. The first recorded use of coral pink as a color name in English was in 1892. Late in 2016, the color sample was renamed Coral Red by Pantone, as the RGB, hex and HTML color table showed the same color as being reddish, standing against popular belief of pinkish.
Still today, some people call Coral Red as Coral Pink due to this old attribution.
X11 color names
|ISCC–NBS descriptor||Deep pink|
The web color light coral is a pinkish-light orange color as displayed to the right. It is also a HTML/CSS color name and a X11 color name.
- RAL 3016 Coral red
- List of colors
- W3C TR CSS3 Color Module, HTML4 color keywords. W3C. (May 2003). Retrieved on 21 September 2008.
- X11 rgb.txt . XFree86. (February 1994). Retrieved on 21 September 2008.
- Maerz, Aloys John; Paul, Morris Rea (1930). A Dictionary of Color. New York: McGraw-Hill Book Company. p. 193. Color sample of coral: page 27, plate 2, color sample J10.
- "Coral red / #ff4040 hex color". https://www.colorhexa.com/ff4040.
- "Ca through Cz". ISCC-NBS Dictionary of Colo(u)r Names. John C. Foster and Texas Precancel Club. 1955. color sample #26. http://tx4.us/nbs/nbs-c.htm. The ISCC-NBS Dictionary of Color Names is a color dictionary used by stamp collectors to identify the colors of stamps.
- Maerz, Aloys John; Paul, Morris Rea (1930). A Dictionary of Color. New York: McGraw-Hill Book Company. p. 193. . Color sample of coral pink: page 27, plate 2, color sample F9.
- Maerz and Paul A Dictionary of Color New York:1930 McGraw-Hill Page 193; Color Sample of Congo Pink: Page 29 Plate 3 Color Sample C10
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coral (color). Read more