Software:Netop Remote Control
Netop Remote Control is a family of products that provides solutions for remote management, desktop sharing and support of various computer systems.
|Developer(s)||Netop Business Solutions A/S|
12.80 / November 11, 2019
4690 Operating System
|Type||Remote administration software, Remote desktop software, Remote support software|
Netop Remote Control
Netop Remote Control is available for servers, personal computers, smartphones, tablets, kiosk systems, ATMs and point-of-sale systems         Remote browser based connections are possible using Netop Portal, which is a hosted service for easy connections over the internet. The cross-platform capabilities make it possible to access the most common operating systems from any operating system of the same selection like Windows, Windows Mobile, Windows CE, Android, iOS, Symbian, Linux, Mac, eComStation, Toshiba 4690 and more via LAN, WAN or internet. Connections over the internet are possible to both pre-installed clients as well as on-demand clients . Client modules as well as server modules may run in a physical or virtual environment    
Netop On Demand creates temporary QuickStart sessions via Internet using Netop Portal, without changing the configuration of the firewall. The user simply downloads a temporary executable and receives direct assistance of technical support. The technician can view the user's screen and control the mouse and keyboard. When the remote session is closed it is automatically removed from the remote device. The helpdesk technician uses a browser for the remote session.
Connections can be established directly between the helpdesk and the remote computer if they are both on the same LAN/WAN. Otherwise the connection may be established via a Netop hosted cloud based connection service or a self-hosted connection service. A self-hosted (on-premises) connection service or a virtual private cloud service may be preferred in case regulations prevent connections to be established via 3rd-party multitenant servers.
Security and Access Control
Netop Remote Control employs both SSL and 256-bit AES in combination with 2048 bit Diffie-Hellman private/public key exchange using a new key for every new session. Secure privileged access management is realized in combination with identity control, multi-factor authentication and authorization systems. A white list of permitted applications to be remotely controlled can be enforced.
The first version of Netop Remote Control for MS-DOS was released by Danware Data A/S in 1987. Current version is 12.7, which supports 32/64-bit versions of Windows Server 2016/12/08/03, Windows 10, Windows 8(.1), Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.x and 6.x, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 and 10 and Mac iOS, OS X Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion and El Capitan.
The original name of the manufacturer of various products of the Netop family was Danware Data A/S. In 2009 the company changed its name into Netop Business Solutions A/S.
Among the list of TCP and UDP port numbers allocated by the IANA, ports 1970 and 1971 TCP/UDP are officially reserved for Netop Remote Control communication. But these ports were used with the Netop School suite, which is discontinued and replaced by Netop Vision. For direct LAN connections with UDP/TCP port 6502 is the standard used by Netop Remote Control.
- Dave Mitchell. "Netop Remote Control 12.77 review". ITPRO. https://www.itpro.co.uk/software/34803/netop-remote-control-1277-review-a-connection-for-every-occasion. Nov 2019
- Dave Mitchell. "Netop Remote Control 12.72 review". ITPRO. https://www.itpro.co.uk/software/32282/netop-remote-control-1272-review. Nov 2018
- Dave Mitchell. "Netop Remote Control 12.65". PCPRO. https://www.pressreader.com/uk/pc-pro/20180201/283459256645681. Feb 2018
- Dave Mitchell. "Netop Remote Control 12.5 review". ITPRO. http://www.itpro.co.uk/networking/28609/netop-remote-control-125-review.
- "Net Op Remote Control - NetOp.com Review". no1reviews.com. http://remote-pc-access.no1reviews.com/net-op-remote-control.html.
- PC Plus. "Netop Remote Control review". TechRadar. http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/software/utilities/other-software/netop-remote-control-499489/review.
- Lionel Mira. "NetOp Remote Control Host". Software Informer. http://netop-remote-control-host.software.informer.com.
- Fauziah Muhtar. "NetOp Remote Control Troubleshooting Tool". New Straits Times. https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1309&dat=20001102&id=9sgyAAAAIBAJ&sjid=TBQEAAAAIBAJ&pg=5831,6111317&hl=en.
- "Netop Remote Control 12.2 review". PC Pro. http://www.itpro.co.uk/desktop-software/26104/netop-remote-control-122-review. April 2016
- "Open Source Subnet". Network World. http://www.linuxworld.com/story/33892.htm..
- "Netop Remote Control 9.5 for Windows 7 Released - Peripherals". techarena.in. http://www.techarena.in/news/19940-netop-remote-control-95-windows-7-released.htm.
- Netop OnDemand PC Pro, Jan 2006
- Olivian Puha. "NetOp Remote Control Download". softpedia. http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Remote-Utils/NetOp-Remote-Control.shtml.
- Iwona Chomiak-Orsa, Wiesława Gryncewicz, Maja Leszczyńska. "IT tools in the virtualization of the software implementation and maintenance process", Wrocław University of Economics, Central and Eastern European Online Library 2012.
- Brian Underdahl. "iPAQ for Dummies". John Wiley & Sons. https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1309&dat=20001102&id=9sgyAAAAIBAJ&sjid=TBQEAAAAIBAJ&pg=5831,6111317&hl=en.
- Donna Knapp. "A Guide to Service Desk Concepts". Cengage Learning. https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1309&dat=20001102&id=9sgyAAAAIBAJ&sjid=TBQEAAAAIBAJ&pg=5831,6111317&hl=en.
- "ONLINE! THE BOOK". Prentice Hall. https://books.google.dk/books?id=CvyP2sNmfZ8C&pg=PA518&dq=%22Netop+Remote+Control%22&hl=da&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwis1M6gwfXNAhXIHpoKHQIkDEI4ChDoAQhGMAM#v=onepage&q=%22Netop%20Remote%20Control%22&f=false.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netop Remote Control was the original source. Read more.