|Initial release||August 2010|
22.214.171.124 / January 28, 2021
|Operating system||Windows, macOS, Chrome OS, Android, iOS, Linux|
|Type||Remote desktop, remote support|
Splashtop, previously Splashtop Remote, is a family of remote-desktop software and remote support software, developed by Splashtop Inc. Splashtop enables users to remotely access or remotely support computers from desktop and mobile devices. Splashtop enables remote computer access for businesses, IT support and help desks, MSPs, and educational institutions.
All Splashtop products require an internet connection on both computers to operate. The company charges an annual subscription fee for use of its products.
Splashtop Business Access
Remote computer access software for businesses, teams and individuals. Users are able to remotely access their Windows, Mac, and Linux  computers from a Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, or Chromebook  device.
Remote support software for IT support and help desks. Users are able to provide on-demand attended support to their clients' computers and mobile devices. To manage and support unattended computers, they must upgrade to the SOS+10 or SOS Unlimited plans.
Splashtop Remote Support
Remote support and endpoint management software designed for MSPs. MSPs are able to remotely support their internal and client computers and provide users with remote access.
All-in-one remote access and remote support solution for organizations. Organizations are able to give employees remote access to computers and provide remote support for computers and mobile devices.
Splashtop Enterprise for Remote Labs
All-in-one remote access and remote support solution for educational institutions. Education IT admins are able to deploy, manage, and schedule remote access for students' and faculty members' on-campus lab computers through a centralized console. Flexible grouping and access permissions allow IT admins to give students and instructors access only to the computers they need.
All-in-one self-hosted remote access and remote support solution for organizations. Organizations are able to give employees remote access to computers and provide remote support for computers and mobile devices.
Splashtop remote desktop applications map the screen of the mobile device to the screen of the remote computer, so that users can interact with the remote computer. For desktop computers, the keyboard and mouse of the client computer will control the same functions on the server computer.
Where a mobile device controls a desktop computer, Splashtop uses touch-to-click controls and zooms using the pinch gesture. Gestures are used to replace mouse and keyboard controls. For example, a two-finger drag gesture is used to scroll within windows, generally mapping to the mouse wheel controller. Splashtop uses a modified version of the mobile keyboard which includes special keys, such as Ctrl, Alt, or Delete.
The current versions of Splashtop Streamer are available for Microsoft Windows XP and later, as well as for Windows Server versions 2003 and later. Splashtop also has support for Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) and later versions.
Splashtop Inc. is a privately held software company founded in 2006 and headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Tokyo, Singapore, Hangzhou and Taipei.
The company was founded in 2006 under the name DeviceVM Inc. Its first product, named Splashtop OS, was an ‘instant-on’ Linux-based computing platform. The company partners with OEMs and manufacturers to integrate this technology into personal computers. The company changed its name to Splashtop in 2010.
Splashtop Inc. launched its Splashtop Remote product in August 2010.
The original Splashtop Remote product was split into multiple products with the release of Splashtop Business in 2013. The original consumer-focused solution was renamed Splashtop Personal. Splashtop Remote Support was announced in 2015 as Splashtop Business for Remote Support and later renamed Splashtop Remote Support. Splashtop On-Demand Support was introduced in 2015.
- "Splashtop - An alternative to LogMeIn and TeamViewer" (in en-US). 2016-03-04. https://www.ostechnix.com/splashtop-a-better-alternative-to-logmein-and-teamviewer/.
- Inc, Splashtop (2020-01-07). "Splashtop Announces Support for Remote Access to Linux Computers from Any Other Device". http://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2020/01/07/1967164/0/en/Splashtop-Announces-Support-for-Remote-Access-to-Linux-Computers-from-Any-Other-Device.html.
- Splashtop. "Splashtop Expands Remote Access and Control Capabilities to All Android 8.0+ Devices" (in en). https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/splashtop-expands-remote-access-and-control-capabilities-to-all-android-8-0-devices-301130742.html.
- Splashtop. "Splashtop Expands Chromebook Remote Access Support Features" (in en). https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/splashtop-expands-chromebook-remote-access-support-features-301100601.html.
- "iOS 11 Screen Sharing and Unattended Support Added to Splashtop SOS". https://www.prweb.com/releases/2017/11/prweb14896082.htm.
- "Download Splashtop Remote Desktop & Remote Support Software" (in en). https://www.splashtop.com/downloads.
- Splashtop Instant-On Desktop from DeviceVM
- https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODczNw Remember SplashTop? Here's An Update On Them
- "Splashtop Introduces SaaS Desktop Rendering with Splashtop Business" (in en). https://www.splashtop.com/press_release/splashtop-introduces-saas-desktop-rendering-splashtop-business.
- "Splashtop Launches Splashtop Business for Remote Support, the Simple, Reliable, and Cost-Effective Replacement for LogMeIn and TeamViewer" (in en). https://www.splashtop.com/press_release/splashtop-launches-splashtop-business-for-remote-support-the-simple-reliable-and-cost-effective-replacement-for-logmein-and-teamviewer.
- "Splashtop Launches Splashtop On-Demand Support (SOS) for MSPs and IT Professionals" (in en). https://www.splashtop.com/press_release/splashtop-launches-splashtop-on-demand-support-sos-for-msps-and-it-professionals.
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Splashtop. Read more