North American cover
|Platform(s)||Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Xbox One|
Superbeat: Xonic (Korean: 슈퍼비트: 소닉, stylized as SUPERBEAT: XONiC) is a 2015 rhythm game for the PlayStation Vita, then PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch under the name of Superbeat: Xonic EX in 2017 developed by Nurijoy, a company formed by former employees of Pentavision. The game is published by Sony Computer Entertainment Korea in South Korea , in Japan, PM Studios in conjunction with Acttil in North America, and by Rising Star Games in Europe with a release date of Q4 2015 worldwide. It is considered a spiritual successor to the DJMax music game series and its gameplay is based on the 2014 arcade game Beatcraft Cyclon, also made by Nurijoy.
The gameplay of Superbeat: Xonic consists of tapping notes to the beat of a song, either with the PlayStation Vita's face buttons or touchscreen. Modes, in order of difficulty, include 4 TRAX mode, 6 TRAX, and 6 TRAX FX. When selecting any mode, 3 tracks are played in succession and the player's performance is evaluated at the end. Local scores can be uploaded to a global online leaderboard if connected to the internet.
Superbeat features over 50 different tracks from a variety of genres, including soulful house, RnB, indie pop, progressive metal, and big beat and many more, and will include a collection of original music from producers such as 3rd Coast, ND Lee, Tsukasa and others.
The World Tour mode consists of a series of missions that are unlocked as the player advances in level. Each mission requires the player to play one or more songs while accomplishing certain goals. The missions are set in fourteen nightclubs located across the world.
Superbeat: Xonic was announced in March 2015, with a western release later confirmed in June 2015. The game's North American publisher, PM Studios, was previously involved with the release of DJMax Fever. According to CEO Michael Yum, the decision to release the game on the Vita platform was based on fan feedback. The game is compatible with the PlayStation TV.
- "Superbeat: Xonic launches November 10". October 23, 2015. http://gematsu.com/2015/10/superbeat-xonic-launches-november-10.
- "리듬 액션 게임, '슈퍼비트 소닉', 10월 22일 발매" (in ko). October 1, 2015. http://ruliweb.daum.net/news/view/75260.daum.
- "Superbeat: Xonic for PS4 launches June 6 in North America, June 9 in Europe; for Xbox One on June 7 - Gematsu" (in en-US). Gematsu. 2017-05-05. http://gematsu.com/2017/05/superbeat-xonic-ps4-launches-june-6-north-america-june-9-europe-xbox-one-june-7.
- "PM Studios on Twitter". https://twitter.com/PMStudiosUSA/status/918551279827341314. Retrieved October 19, 2017.
- "The 'Spiritual Successor' To DJMax Is On Its Way To North America". June 6, 2015. http://kotaku.com/the-spiritual-successor-to-djmax-is-on-its-way-to-north-1709925232.
- "PS Vita用音楽ゲーム『SUPERBEAT XONiC』2015年発売決定！ ARC REVOLUTION CUP 2015で試遊可能" (in Japanese). August 7, 2015. http://www.famitsu.com/news/201508/07085427.html. Retrieved September 5, 2015.
- Hannley, Steve (August 20, 2015). "PS Vita Exclusive SUPERBEAT: XONiC Gets First Trailer, Box Art". http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2015/08/20/ps-vita-exclusive-superbeat-xonic-gets-first-trailer-box-art/163509/.
- Romano, Sal (July 16, 2015). "Superbeat: Xonic coming to Europe this fall". http://gematsu.com/2015/07/superbeat-xonic-coming-europe-this-fall.
- "Superbeat: Xonic will be a retail release". June 9, 2015. http://gematsu.com/2015/06/superbeat-xonic-retail-release.
- Walcott, Tyrone (August 28, 2015). "High-speed rhythm action game Superbeat: Xonic announced for PS Vita". http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/08/28/high-speed-rhythm-action-game-superbeat-xonic-announced-for-ps-vita/.
- "SCEK, 누리조이와 전략적 제휴 통해 신규 음악게임 개발" (in ko). March 18, 2015. http://www.thisisgame.com/webzine/news/rboard/1/?n=61005.
- "DJMax successor Superbeat: Xonic coming to North America this fall". June 8, 2015. http://gematsu.com/2015/06/djmax-successor-superbeat-xonic-coming-north-america-this-fall.
- "Interview with Michael Yum and Tyrone Walcott of 'Superbeat Xonic'". PRANKSTER101 PRODUCTIONS. September 7, 2015. http://prankster101.com/articles/interview-with-michael-yum-pm-studios-ceo-and-tyrone-walcott-rising-star-pr-of-superbeat-xonic/. Retrieved September 15, 2015.
- "Superbeat: Xonic promo trailer, box art". August 20, 2015. http://gematsu.com/2015/08/superbeat-xonic-promo-trailer-box-art.
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Superbeat: Xonic. Read more