Here is a list of articles in the Connection (mathematics) category of the Computing portal that unifies foundations of mathematics and computations using computers. In geometry, the notion of a connection makes precise the idea of transporting data along a curve or family of curves in a parallel and consistent manner. Viewed infinitesimally, a connection is a way of differentiating geometric data in such a manner that the derivative is also geometrically meaningful.
Guide to connections
- For connections as they are normally first encountered in tensor analysis, see covariant derivative.
- For connections as they are first encountered in differential geometry, see affine connection, connection (vector bundle), and connection (principal bundle).
- For connections using differential forms, see connection form, Cartan connection, and Ehresmann connection.
- For connections as they are frequently used in gauge theory and physics, see gauge covariant derivative and gauge connection.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Curvature (mathematics) (32 P)
Pages in category "Connection (mathematics)"
The following 36 pages are in this category, out of 36 total.
- Connection (mathematics) (computing)
- Affine connection (computing)
- Cartan connection (computing)
- Cartan formalism (physics)
- Christoffel symbols (computing)
- Conformal connection (computing)
- Connection (affine bundle) (computing)
- Connection (algebraic framework) (computing)
- Connection (composite bundle) (computing)
- Connection (fibred manifold) (computing)
- Connection (principal bundle) (computing)
- Connection (vector bundle) (computing)
- Connection form (computing)
- Connector (mathematics) (computing)
- Contorsion tensor (computing)
- Covariant derivative (computing)
- Development (differential geometry) (computing)
- Fundamental theorem of Riemannian geometry (computing)
- Holonomy (computing)
- Torsion tensor (computing)
- Vertical and horizontal bundles (computing)
- Wormhole (physics)