Here is a list of articles in the category Correlated electrons of the Physics portal. Correlated electrons occur in many solids and can lead to a plethora of phenomena that are topic of solid state physics. In contrast to electronic phenomena in solids that can be understood in terms of a single-electron picture (e.g. the band structure of simple metals or semiconductors), the properties of correlated electrons can only be explained if the interactions between the electrons are taken into account.
Pages in category "Correlated electrons"
The following 22 pages are in this category, out of 22 total.
- 122 iron arsenide (physics)
- CeCoIn5 (physics)
- Dynamical mean-field theory (physics)
- Fractional quantum Hall effect (physics)
- Mott insulator (physics)
- Pseudogap (physics)
- Quantum spin liquid (physics)
- Resonating valence bond theory (physics)
- Samarium hexaboride (physics)
- YbBiPt (physics)