Finite differences are composed from differences in a sequence of values, or the values of a function sampled at discrete points. Finite differences are used both in interpolation and numerical analysis, and also play an important role in combinatorics and analytic number theory. The prototypical finite difference equation is the Newton series.
Pages in category "Finite differences"
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 29 total.
- Finite difference (computing)
- Beam and Warming scheme (computing)
- Geodesic grid (earth)
- Kronecker sum of discrete Laplacians (computing)
- Mean value theorem (divided differences) (computing)
- Falling and rising factorials (computing)
- Reciprocal difference (computing)
- Umbral calculus (computing)