|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Variational analysis.|
Following the book Variational Analysis by Rockafellar and Wets, the term "variational analysis" denotes an extension of the classic calculus of variations and convex analysis to more general problems of optimization theory, including topics in set-valued analysis, e.g. generalized derivatives. In the Mathematics Subject Classification scheme (MSC2010), the field of "Set-valued and variational analysis" is coded by "49J53".
- R. Tyrrell Rockafellar, Roger J-B Wets, Variational Analysis, Springer-Verlag, 2005, ISBN:3540627723, ISBN:978-3540627722
- "49J53 Set-valued and variational analysis". 5 July 2010. http://www.ams.org/mathscinet/msc/msc2010.html?t=49Jxx&btn=Current.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Variational analysis"
The following 11 pages are in this category, out of 11 total.
- Variational analysis (computing)
- Convex analysis (computing)
- Differential inclusion (computing)
- Epigraph (mathematics) (computing)
- Functional derivative (computing)
- Γ-convergence (computing)
- Hemicontinuity (computing)