|Initial release||1 April 1987|
22.1 / 2 June 2020
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Platform|| • Microsoft SQL Server|
• .NET Framework
|Available in||English, French, German|
|Type|| • CRM software|
• Contact management software
Act! (previously known as Sage ACT! 2010–2013) is a customer relationship management (CRM) software application designed for the manufacturing industry. It is developed by Act! and has a user base of over 3.8 million registered users.
The company Conductor Software was founded 1986 in Dallas, Texas, by Pat Sullivan and Mike Muhney. The original name for the software was Activity Control Technology then Automated Contact Tracking before finally just using the acronym. The name of the company was subsequently changed to Contact Software International, and was sold to Symantec Corporation in 1993, who then sold it to SalesLogix (later renamed to Interact Commerce) in 1999. Sage purchased Interact Commerce in 2001, through Best Software, then its North American software division. Swiftpage acquired it in 2013.
Beginning with the 2006 version, the name was revised to ACT! by Sage and later to Sage ACT!. Following its 2013 acquisition by Swiftpage, it was called Act! In 2020, Swiftpage changed its name to Act! LLC.
- Lists of software
- Sales force management system
- "Swiftpage refreshes Act! CRM software for manufacturers". Trailer Body Builders. 25 November 2019. https://www.trailer-bodybuilders.com/fabrication/article/21744485/swiftpage-refreshes-act-crm-software-for-manufacturers.
- "Sage ACT! CRM Updates" .
- "Early historical Comments".
- Greenman, Catherine. "Sage buys Interact Commerce". https://www.nytimes.com/2001/03/29/business/technology-briefing-software-sage-buys-interact-commerce.html. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- "Act CRM alive and well for now, following Swiftpage acquisition" (in en). PCWorld. 10 September 2013. https://www.pcworld.com/article/2048496/act-crm-alive-and-well-for-now-following-swiftpage-acquisition.html.
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Act! CRM. Read more