Software:Quiet Internet Pager
|Developer(s)||Russian Internet Solutions, LLC|
|Initial release||1 November 2005|
|Written in||Embarcadero Delphi|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Available in||QIP 2012 —|
QIP 2010 —
QIP Infium —
QIP 2005 —
|Type||Instant messaging client|
QIP (//; an acronym for Quiet Internet Pager) is a multiprotocol instant messaging client. It is a closed source freeware program originally developed by Ilgam Zyulkorneev. In 2008 it was bought by RosBusinessConsulting media group and named most popular RBC service in 2009.
A Softpedia review of QIP 2006 mentioned its unique feature (at the time) of tabbed message windows—instead of a message window for each chat session, one window with several tabs is shown. Since this feature's introduction, ICQ Version 6.0 now includes this feature, as do the multi-service clients Pidgin, Miranda IM, and Trillian. Other features include integrated mail.ru e-mail client, and a wider range of emoticons. QIP presents no advertisements in the application windows; this is described as a security advantage.
QIP Infium is the second version of QIP. It features full Unicode support and is multi-protocol client, supporting the following protocols:
- OSCAR: ICQ
- XMPP, first stolen  and only then licensed on Miranda IM Jabber Plug-in with preinstalled settings for QIP, LiveJournal, Google Talk
- XIMSS (CommuniGate Pro IM and VoIP protocol) with preinstalled settings for QIP, SIPNET and Euroset
- Mail.ru Agent
- IRC (Additional plugin)
New version of QIP named QIP 2010 contains all features of Infium and interface of QIP 2005.
QIP Infium will attempt to reset Internet Explorer to use the search engine at the QIP homepage (currently written in Russian). This feature can be disabled on the first attempt or by using the Add-on Manager under the Tools menu of Internet Explorer.
- Comparison of instant messaging clients
- Online chat
- See QIP 2012 (latest version/build) Installer [from official QIP website] (.Exe) properties, at “Details” tab
- See QIP 2010 (latest version/build) Installer from official QIP website - .Exe properties at “Details” tab
- See QIP 2010 version 3.1 (build 6936) Installer from QIP Nightly Testers web server - .Exe properties at “Details” tab
- See QIP Infium version 3.0 (build 9045 nightly build 9) Installer from QIP Nightly Testers web server - .Exe properties at “Details” tab
- See QIP 2005 (build 8097) Installer from QIP Nightly Testers web server - .Exe properties at “Details” tab
- QIP 2012 features // QIP.Ru (in Russian)
- QIP 2010 features // QIP.Ru (in Russian)
- "QIP pronunciation" (in ru). Gramota.ru. 2009-11-03. http://www.gramota.ru/spravka/buro/29_342132.
- "Ilham Zyulkorneev, QIP, developer" (in ru). Yandex. 2009-11-03. http://news.yandex.ru/people/zjul1korneev_il1gam.html.
- "QIP named most popular RBC service" (in ru). Lenta. 2009-05-22. http://lenta.ru/news/2009/05/22/rbc/.
- Ilascu, Ionut (February 28, 2007). "Lonely No More" review. SoftPedia.com.
- Ticket #1645 (closed defect: fixed) ICQ Encoding Problems. Pidgin.im Bug Report. June 12, 2006.
- (in Russian)
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Quiet Internet Pager. Read more