Software:We Sing 80s
|We Sing 80s|
|Publisher(s)||Nordic Games Publishing|
We Sing 80s is a 2012 karaoke game part of the We Sing family of games, developed by French studio Le Cortex. The game features songs from the 1980s only.
The gameplay is similar to the SingStar set of video games. Players are required to sing along with music in order to score points, matching pitch and rhythm. The game has anticheat technology whereby tapping or humming will register on the screen but no points will be awarded. We Sing Pop! also contains the addition of 'Star Notes' that allow the player to score even more points by matching the pitch and rhythm of certain hard to score parts of songs.
- 30 full licensed songs with music videos where available
- Solo Modes - Solo, Blind and Expert.
- Multiplayer modes - Group Battle, We Sing, Versus, Pass the Mic, First to X, Expert, Blind, Marathon.
- Real Karaoke mode
- Jukebox mode
- Singing Lessons
- Award System
- Customisable backgrounds
- Four Microphones
- Integrates with a USB hub
Due to hardware limitations with the Wii only having two USB ports, a standard USB hub can be used to play with three or more players. The game uses the standard logitech USB microphone for the Wii.
The tracklist for We Sing 80s was announced over a set number of weeks. The final full tracklist for the international version of the game was announced on 18 September 2012
- Baltimora - Tarzan Boy
- The Bangles - Eternal Flame
- Blondie - The Tide is High
- Cameo - Word Up!
- Culture Club - Do You Really Want To Hurt Me
- Cyndi Lauper - True Colors
- DeBarge - Rhythm of the Night
- Dexys Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen
- Duran Duran - Rio
- Frankie Goes to Hollywood - The Power of Love
- The Human League - Don't You Want Me
- Kylie Minogue - I Should Be So Lucky
- Lionel Richie - All Night Long (All Night)
- Lisa Stansfield - All Around The World
- Musical Youth - Pass the Dutchie
- Paula Abdul - Straight Up
- Queen - I Want to Break Free
- Roxette - The Look
- Sabrina - Boys (Summertime Love)
- Sade - Smooth Operator
- Simple Minds - Alive & Kicking
- Smokey Robinson - Being with You
- Spandau Ballet - True
- Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now
- Tears for Fears - Shout
- Tiffany - I Think We're Alone Now
- Toto - Africa
- T'Pau - China in Your Hand
- Yazoo - Only You
- Yazz and the Plastic Population - The Only Way Is Up
Due to hardware limitations with the Wii only having two USB ports, any standard USB hub can be used to increase the number of USB ports to allow for four players. The game uses the standard Logitech USB microphone for the Wii.
- "Nordic Games reveal full tracklist for We Sing 80s". Develop Online. 2012-09-18. http://www.develop-online.net/press-releases/91059/We-Sing-80s. Retrieved 2012-09-18.
- "We Sing 80s Full Tracklisting Revealed". God is a Geek. 2012-09-18. http://www.godisageek.com/2012/09/sing-80s-full-tracklisting-revealed/. Retrieved 2012-09-18.
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ We Sing 80s. Read more