|Cardinal||one hundred seventeen|
(one hundred seventeenth)
|Factorization||32 × 13|
|Divisors||1, 3, 9, 13, 39, 117|
117 is a pentagonal number.
In arts and media
- John-117, the codename for the protagonist in the Halo series.
- Canadian Sci-Fi show First Wave (TV series) had a protagonist named Cade Foster who was identified as Subject 117 by an alien race known as the Gua.
In other fields
One hundred seventeen is also:
- A substitute for the number 17, which is considered unlucky in Italy. When Renault exported the R17 to Italy, it was renamed R117.
- The number to call Guardia di Finanza for customs/financial/border police in Italy
- The fire emergency telephone number in Portugal
- 1-1-7 was the national emergency telephone number in the Philippines until August 1, 2016, when it was superseded by 9-1-1.
- The police emergency telephone number in Switzerland
- F-117 is the designation of the first operational stealth attack aircraft.
- OSS 117, the codename for the fictional secret agent Hubert Bonisseur de La Bath by author Jean Bruce and later for a film series directed mostly by André Hunebelle.
- Psalm 117 is the exact middle chapter of the King James version of the Bible.
- In The Mystery of Element 117 (1949) by Milton Smith, a window is opened into a new "hyperplane of hyperspace" containing those who have already died on earth.
- The Japanese telephone company NTT provides a non-free speaking clock on the nationally universal number 117.
- The 117 Catholic Martyrs of Vietnam.
- Chinese dragons are usually depicted as having 117 scales.
- List of highways numbered 117
- Ivars Peterson, "Perfect Pyramids " MAA Online July 28, 2003
- Weisstein, Eric W. "Heronian Tetrahedron." From MathWorld--A Wolfram Web Resource. http://mathworld.wolfram.com/HeronianTetrahedron.html
- "Sloane's A000326 : Pentagonal numbers". OEIS Foundation. https://oeis.org/A000326.
- "Sloane's A005349 : Niven (or Harshad) numbers". OEIS Foundation. https://oeis.org/A005349.
- Niederman, Derrick (2009), Number Freak: From 1 to 200- The Hidden Language of Numbers Revealed, Penguin, p. 10, ISBN 9781101135488, https://books.google.com/books?id=Oo7lZl3Ru6AC&pg=PA10 .
- Alvarez, Chito (July 22, 2016). "DILG to implement 'Emergency hotline 911' in August". http://www.mb.com.ph/dilg-to-implement-emergency-hotline-911-in-august/. Retrieved July 29, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 117 (number).|
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ 117 (number). Read more