Here is a list of articles in the Biomechanics category of the Biology portal. Biomechanics is the research and analysis of the mechanics of living organisms. As such it is a branch of both mechanics and biology. Among the subjects that biomechanics investigates are the forces that act on limbs, the aerodynamics of bird and insect flight, the hydrodynamics of swimming in fish and locomotion in general across all forms of life, from individual cells to whole organisms. The biomechanics of human beings is a core part of kinesiology.
Applied mechanics, most notably thermodynamics and continuum mechanics and mechanical engineering disciplines such as fluid mechanics and solid mechanics, play prominent roles in the study of biomechanics. By applying the laws and concepts of physics, biomechanical mechanisms and structures can be simulated and studied.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Traumatology (2 C, 41 P)
Pages in category "Biomechanics"
The following 67 pages are in this category, out of 67 total.
- I Measure U (company)
- Iatromathematicians (computing)
- International Foot and Ankle Biomechanics Community (biology)
- International Society of Biomechanics (organization)
- Journal of Applied Biomechanics (biology)
- Key determinants of gait (biology)
- Rotating locomotion in living systems (biology)