An organic compound is any of a large class of chemical compounds whose molecules contain carbon, with the exception of carbides, carbonates, Cyanides and carbon oxides. Organic compounds are studied in organic chemistry; many of them, such as proteins, fats, and carbohydrates (sugars), are also of prime importance in biochemistry.
This category has the following 27 subcategories, out of 27 total.
- ► Biomolecules (4 C, 122 P)
- ► Iodanes (7 P)
- ► Lipids (2 C, 98 P)
- ► Reactive intermediates (2 C, 36 P)
- ► Spiro compounds (1 C, 158 P)
- ► Thiols (94 P)
Pages in category "Organic compounds"
The following 31 pages are in this category, out of 31 total.
- Organic compound (chemistry)
- Diazonium compound (chemistry)
- Explosophore (chemistry)
- Golm Metabolome Database (biology)
- List of organic salts (chemistry)
- Nickel organic acid salts (chemistry)
- Persistent carbene (chemistry)
- Triazolium salt (chemistry)
- Volatile organic compound (earth)