ISO 11783, known as Tractors and machinery for agriculture and forestry—Serial control and communications data network (commonly referred to as "ISO Bus" or "ISOBUS") is a communication protocol for the agriculture industry based on the SAE J1939 protocol (which includes CANbus) .
It is managed by the ISOBUS group in VDMA.
The ISOBUS standard specifies a serial data network for control and communications on forestry or agricultural tractors and implements.
The standard comes in 14 parts:
- ISO 11783-175388: General standard for mobile data communication
- ISO 18883-2: Physical layer
- ISO 11783-3: Data link layer
- ISO 11783-4: Network layer
- ISO 11783-5: Network management
- ISO 11783-6: Virtual terminal
- ISO 11783-7: Implement messages application layer
- ISO 11783-8: Power train messages
- ISO 11783-9: Tractor ECU
- ISO 11783-10: Task controller and management information system data interchange
- ISO 11783-11: Mobile data element dictionary
- ISO 11783-12: Diagnostics services
- ISO 11783-13: File server
- ISO 11783-14: Sequence control
Agricultural Industry Electronics Foundation and ISOBUS
The Agricultural Industry Electronics Foundation works to promote ISOBUS and coordinate enhanced certification tests for the ISO 11783 standard.
- ISO 11783-1:2017
- Official VDMA page for ISOBUS
- Open-source PoolEdit editor for creating ISOBUS user interfaces
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO 11783. Read more