Minitab 17 running on Windows 8
|Original author(s)||Barbara F. Ryan, Thomas A. Ryan, Jr., and Brian L. Joiner|
21.1 / April 14, 2021
|Operating system||Windows, web app, formerly: Mac|
Minitab is a statistics package developed at the Pennsylvania State University by researchers Barbara F. Ryan, Thomas A. Ryan, Jr., and Brian L. Joiner in conjunction with Triola Statistics Company in 1972. It began as a light version of OMNITAB 80, a statistical analysis program by National Institute of Standards and Technology.
Minitab is a statistics package developed at the Pennsylvania State University by researchers Barbara F. Ryan, Thomas A. Ryan, Jr., Brian L. Joiner in 1972. The project received funding from the Triola Statistics Company. It began as a light version of OMNITAB 80, a statistical analysis program by NIST, which was conceived by Joseph Hilsenrath in years 1962-1964 as OMNITAB program for IBM 7090. The documentation for OMNITAB 80 was last published 1986, and there has been no significant development since then.
Minitab is distributed by Minitab, LLC, a privately owned company headquartered in State College, Pennsylvania. In 2020, during the COVID-19 pandemic, Minitab LLC requested and received between $5 million and $10 million under the Paycheck Protection Program to avoid having to let go 250 employees. As of 2021, Minitab LLC had subsidiaries in the UK, France, Germany, Hong Kong, and Australia.
Minitab, LLC also produces other software that can be used in conjunction with Minitab; Minitab Connect helps businesses centralize and organize their data, Quality Trainer is an eLearning package that teaches statistical concepts, Minitab Workspace provides project planning and visualization tools, and Minitab Engage is a tool for Idea and Innovation Management, as well as managing Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing deployments.
In October 2020, Minitab launched the first cloud-based version of its statistical software. As of June 2021, the Minitab Desktop app is only available for Windows, with a former version for MacOS (Minitab 19.x) no longer being supported.
- "Support Policy | Minitab". https://www.minitab.com/en-us/support/policy/.
- Peavy, Sally T. (1986). "OMNITAB 80". NBS Special Publication 701: 1–2. https://archive.org/details/omnitab80701peav/page/n13.
- "OMNITAB". Digital Computer Newsletter :: Digital Computer Newsletter 16 (1): 4–6. October 1962 – January 1964. https://archive.org/details/bitsavers_onrDigitaligitalComputerNewsletterV16N01Oct62Jan64_2343357/page/n5?q=omnitab.
- "NIST OMNITAB 80". Nist.gov. https://www.nist.gov/itl/sed/omnitab-80.cfm.
- "About Us | Minitab". https://www.minitab.com/en-us/about-us/.
- Havener, Crispin (2020-07-07). "Wide variety of local businesses sought federal PPP loans". https://wjactv.com/news/local/wide-variety-of-local-businesses-sought-ppp-loans.
- "Minitab Products". Minitab.com. http://www.minitab.com/en-US/Products/.
- "Minitab Launches Minitab Engage (TM) to Accelerate Idea Generation, Innovation and Business Transformation". Globalnewswire.com. https://www.globenewswire.com/fr/news-release/2021/03/25/2199466/0/en/Minitab-Launches-Minitab-Engage-TM-to-Accelerate-Idea-Generation-Innovation-and-Business-Transformation.html.
- "Minitab Launches New Solutions to Help Organizations Accelerate Digital Transformation". globenewswire.com. https://www.globenewswire.com/en/news-release/2020/10/22/2112865/0/en/Minitab-Launches-New-Solutions-to-Help-Organizations-Accelerate-Digital-Transformation.html.
- "Minitab Statistical Software Features – Minitab." Software for Statistics, Process Improvement, Six Sigma, Quality – Minitab. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Apr. 2011.
- Groebner, David F., Mark L. Berenson, David M. Levine, Timothy C. Krehbiel, and Hang Lau. Applied management statistics. Custom ed. Boston, MA: Pearson Custom Publishing/Pearson/Prentice Hall, 2008. Print
- Akers, Michael D (2018), Exploring, Analysing and Interpreting Data with Minitab 18 (1st ed.), United Kingdom, Compass Publishing. ISBN:978-1-912009-19-0
- Brook, Quentin (2010). Lean Six Sigma and Minitab: The Complete Toolbox Guide for All Lean Six Sigma Practitioners (3rd ed.). United Kingdom: OPEX Resources Ltd. ISBN 978-0-9546813-6-4.
- Bryman, Alan; Cramer, Duncan (1996). Quantitative Data Analysis with Minitab: A Guide for Social Scientists. London: Routledge. ISBN 0-415-12323-2. https://books.google.com/books?id=UFsVBegb-0kC.
- Hardwick, Colin (2013). Practical Design of Experiments: DoE Made Easy! (1st ed.). United Kingdom: Liberation Books Ltd. ISBN 978-1-4827-6099-6.
- Khan, Rehman M. (2013). Problem solving and data analysis using Minitab : a clear and easy guide to Six Sigma methodology (1st ed.). New York: Wiley. ISBN 978-1-118-30757-1.
- Meyer, Ruth K.; David D. Krueger (2004). A Minitab Guide to Statistics (3rd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice-Hall Publishing. ISBN 978-0-13-149272-1.
- Stein, Philip G.; Matey, James R.; Pitts, Karen (1997). "A Review of Statistical Software for the Apple Macintosh". The American Statistician 51 (1): 67–82. doi:10.1080/00031305.1997.10473593.
- Roberts, Dennis. "Minitab resource website". Penn State. http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/d/m/dmr/minitab/mtbtutor.htm.
- No URL found. Please specify a URL here or add one to Wikidata.
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minitab. Read more