Here is a list of articles in the Nonlinear optics category of the Physics portal. Nonlinear optics is the branch of optics that describes the behaviour of light in nonlinear media, that is, media in which the polarization P responds nonlinearly to the electric field E of the light. This nonlinearity is typically only observed at very high light intensities such as provided by pulsed lasers.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Nonlinear optical materials (1 C, 23 P)
Pages in category "Nonlinear optics"
The following 73 pages are in this category, out of 73 total.
- Nonlinear optics (physics)
- 3D optical data storage (physics)
- Acousto-optics (physics)
- Intrinsic hyperpolarizability (physics)
- Lugiato–Lefever equation (computing)
- Nematicon (computing)
- Quasi-phase-matching (physics)
- Saturable absorption (physics)
- Second-harmonic generation (physics)
- Surface second harmonic generation (physics)
- Self-focusing (physics)
- Self-phase modulation (physics)
- Semiconductor saturable-absorber mirror (physics)
- Silicon photonics (physics)
- Slow light (physics)
- Soliton (optics) (physics)
- Spectral phase interferometry for direct electric-field reconstruction (physics)
- Sum-frequency generation (physics)
- Ultrashort pulse (physics)
- Z-scan technique (physics)