|Developer(s)||Arvid and Flatpress community|
|Initial release||May 27, 2007|
1.2 “Legato” / March 20, 2021.
1.1 “Da capo” / February 22, 2019
|Operating system||Unix-like, Windows, Linux|
|Size||1.2 MB (compressed) 2.6 MB (uncompressed)|
Flatpress is multi-platform free open source CMS for the purpose of publishing information on the Internet. It is written in PHP and does not need MySQL database to work, because it stores all its content in text files. Flatpress includes features such as page caching, RSS feeds, blogs, search, and support for language internationalisation. The backend interface allows website operators to manage menus, extensions[note 1] and web content. Flatpress is licensed under the GNU General Public License.
Flatpress has a large community of users and developers who provide active support to newcomers. It is supported by a web forum with RSS channel and the former Flatpress support forum is still around in the archive!, with over 2000 participants. English is the principal language of communication. You can find a lot of useful information about Flatpress at FlatPress wiki. This project has moved to GitHub. Follow news on twitter.com/FlatPress.
- Easy installation, just unzip the file to just 1MB
- No SQL database is required for installation
- Easy administration including file manager
- There are several languages to choose from
- Posts can be grouped into categories
- Visitors can add comments to articles
- Format text with simple BBCode tags
- You can create photo galleries from folder
- Easy backup! Just copy one directory
- A simple system of plugins
- Widget support
- Customize the look by selecting a template and style
|0.703 Crescendo Final||2007-05-27|
|FlatPress 1.0 "Solenne"||2012-01-11|
|FlatPress 1.1 “Da capo”||2019-02-22|
|FlatPress 1.2 “Legato”||2021-03-20|
FlatPress 1.2 „Legato“
Version 1.2 brings support for PHP 7.4 to PHP 8.0 and several security patches.
New language packs have been added (French, Japanese, Portuguese, Italian and Spanish).
BBCode is updated ([video] tag supports YouTube, Vimeo and Facebook, [mail] tag added).
- extensions are sub-classed as plugins, widgets, templates and languages; some extensions are included with the "core" CMS package while other (usually third party-developed) variations or enhancements, can be optionally installed later
- "Flatpress 1.2 legato". 20 March 2021. https://www.flatpress.org/2021/03/20/new-release-flatpress-12-legato/.
- Blogger vs. Wordpress vs. FlatPress
- How to install FlatPress on Ubuntu
- Flatpress Review: Blogging without a Database
- 15 CMS platforms for blogging
- 5 Best Flat File Blogging Platforms For Publishers
- FlatPress wiki!
- Flatpress project on GitHub
- Youtube video Flatpress review and Install
- Flatpress Legacy plugins
- Japan Flatpress themePlus
- Flatpress changelog