Biography:Sergei V. Chekanov
Sergei V. Chekanov
|Alma mater||Radboud University Nijmegen|
|Employer||Argonne National Laboratory|
Sergei V. Chekanov (born 1969 in Minsk, Belarus) is an American computing author and physicist.    He obtained his master from Belarusian State University . He holds graduate degrees from the Radboud University Nijmegen , The Netherlands (1998). Currently he works at Argonne National Laboratory.
As a book author on scientific computing, he wrote two books on numerical and statistical computations based on Java and Jython programming languages. The books have been published by Springer-Verlag (2010)  and Springer International (2016) . The main focus of the books is scientific computing based on the usage of Java scripting. According to the Springer International, the latter book was top 25% most downloadable books in 2016 and 2017 in the category "Advanced Information and Knowledge Processing". Since the publication of the book, Springer has detected 34k downloads  until April 2019. He is also known for promoting open-source scientific computing for science and education as a founder of the jWork.ORG community portal .
Currently he works in the field of particle physics at Argonne National Laboratory. He was a member of the L3(CERN)/ CERN, ZEUS/DESY and ATLAS/CERN international collaborations. According his publication records in ORCID , he co-authored about 200 professional papers (most of which are published in peer-reviewed journals) and other articles, including a dozen of experimental papers from the large-scale particle-colliding experiments. As a software designer, he was a primary developer of DataMelt scientific program (original name JHepWork (2005),SCaViS ) for numeric and statistical computations and several other scientific computing projects available from SourceForge.
He is a founder and designer of the HandWiki encyclopedia for researches.
- Springer author biography (2010), https://www.springer.com/us/book/9781849962865#aboutAuthors (retrieved Ap 2019)
- Springer author biography (2016), [https://www.springer.com/us/book/9783319285290#aboutAuthors (retrieved April 2019)
- Argonne Today, Article "Argonne physicist Sergei Chekanov publishes book on computing", Apr 5, 2016 
- "Scientific Data analysis using Jython Scripting and Java". Book. By S.V.Chekanov, Springer-Verlag, ISBN:978-1-84996-286-5, 
- "Numeric Computation and Statistical Data Analysis on the Java Platform" (Book). By S.V.Chekanov, Springer, (2016) ISBN:978-3-319-28531-3, 700 pages, 
- Springer download Statistics of the book "Numeric Computation and Statistical Data Analysis on the Java Platform" 
- jWork.ORG programming portal jwork.org (retrieved in Apr 2019)
- Publications of S.V.Chekanov in ORCID digital identifier