Biography:Sergei V. Chekanov
Sergei V. Chekanov
|Education||Doctor of physics (philosophy)|
|Alma mater||Belarusian State University, Belarus and Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands .|
|Fields||Physics, Particle Physics, Experimental Physics|
|Institutions||DESY and Argonne National Laboratory|
|Doctoral advisor||V. I.Kuvshinov, W. Kittel|
Sergei V. Chekanov (born 1969 in Minsk, Belarus) is an American computing author and physicist.    He obtained his master from Belarusian State University. He holds graduate degrees from the Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands (1998). Currently he works at Argonne National Laboratory.
Currently S.Chekanov works in the field of particle physics at Argonne National Laboratory. He was a member of the L3 experiment/ CERN, ZEUS experiment / DESY and ATLAS experiment / CERN international experiments. According his publication records in ORCID , he co-authored about 200 professional papers (most of which are published in peer-reviewed journals) and other articles, including a dozen of experimental papers from the large-scale particle-colliding experiments. He contributed to physics results described in more than a thousand publications from large-scale particle experiments.
As a software designer, he was a primary developer of DataMelt scientific program (original name JHepWork (2005),SCaViS) for numeric and statistical computations and several other scientific computing projects available from SourceForge.
As a book author on scientific computing, he wrote two books on numerical and statistical computations based on Java and Jython programming languages. The books have been published by Springer-Verlag (2010)  and Springer International (2016) . The main focus of the books is scientific computing using Java programming language and the usage of Java scripting languages. According to the Springer International, the latter book was top 25% most downloadable books in 2016 and 2017 in the category "Advanced Information and Knowledge Processing". Since the publication of the book, Springer has detected 34k downloads  until April 2019.
He is also known for promoting open-source scientific computing for science and education as a founder of the jWork.ORG community portal .
S.Chekanov is a founder and primary designer of the HandWiki encyclopedia for researches on computing and science.
- Springer author biography (2010), https://www.springer.com/us/book/9781849962865#aboutAuthors (retrieved Ap 2019)
- Springer author biography (2016), [https://www.springer.com/us/book/9783319285290#aboutAuthors (retrieved April 2019)
- Argonne Today, Article "Argonne physicist Sergei Chekanov publishes book on computing", Apr 5, 2016 
- Publications of S.V.Chekanov. ORCID digital identifier. ORCID iD 0000-0001-7314-7247
- "Scientific Data analysis using Jython Scripting and Java". Book. By S.V.Chekanov, Springer-Verlag, ISBN:978-1-84996-286-5, 
- "Numeric Computation and Statistical Data Analysis on the Java Platform" (Book). By S.V.Chekanov, Springer, (2016) ISBN:978-3-319-28531-3, 700 pages, 
- Springer download Statistics of the book "Numeric Computation and Statistical Data Analysis on the Java Platform" 
- jWork.ORG programming portal jwork.org (retrieved in Apr 2019)