Prism3D is an in-house game engine developed by SCS Software. The game engine is written entirely in C++.
Entirely written in C++, Prism3D serves as cross-platform software for the Czech Republic video game developer SCS Software. The Open Dynamics Engine is used as a physics engine, with FMOD integrated as a primary sound-effects system since 2020.
The engine had an early success when it powered Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project of Sunstorm Interactive in 2002, with the PC platfrom received "generally favourable reviews" according to Metacritic.
A large-scale engine update was made for Euro Truck Simulator 2, where a lot of new features were added to it, including spatial anti-aliasing, morphological antialiasing, non-photorealistic rendering, high-dynamic-range rendering, complicated dynamic shadows that are affected by light sources, shader effects and effects created by a particle system. The game received positive reviews, and has sold over five million copies according to Steam Spy.
SCS Blender Tools, which was made on the basis of the Blender three-dimensional editor, was released in 2015 to become the main tool for working with the engine and games built on it. It is available free for the players who want to create mods for video games developed by Prism3D.
Feature video games
|Rocky Mountain Trophy Hunter 3||2000|
|Shark! Hunting the Great White||2001|
|911 Fire Rescue||2001|
|Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project||2002|
|Hard Truck: 18 Wheels of Steel||2002|
|18 Wheels of Steel: Across America||2003|
|Hunting Unlimited 2||2003|
|Hunting Unlimited 3||2004|
|18 Wheels of Steel: Pedal to the Metal||2004|
|18 Wheels of Steel: Convoy||2005|
|Hunting Unlimited 4||2006|
|18 Wheels of Steel: Haulin'||2006|
|Hunting Unlimited 2008||2007|
|18 Wheels of Steel: American Long Haul||2007|
|Hunting Unlimited 2009||2008|
|Euro Truck Simulator||2008|
|Hunting Unlimited 2010||2009|
|18 Wheels of Steel: Extreme Trucker||2009|
|German Truck Simulator||2010|
|UK Truck Simulator||2010|
|18 Wheels of Steel: Extreme Trucker 2||2011|
|Trucks & Trailers||2011|
|Scania Truck Driving Simulator||2012|
|Euro Truck Simulator 2||2012|
|American Truck Simulator||2016|
- "Prism3D - SCS Software's in-house Game Engine". https://scssoft.com/technology. Retrieved May 5, 2020.
- "FMOD: First Tease". SCS Software. February 18, 2020. https://blog.scssoft.com/2020/02/fmod-first-tease.html. Retrieved May 5, 2020.
- Younger, Paul (April 21, 2008). "Duke Nukem Manhattan Project Review". PC Invasion. https://www.pcinvasion.com/duke-nukem-manhattan-project-review/. Retrieved May 5, 2020.
- "Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project for PC Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/duke-nukem-manhattan-project. Retrieved September 15, 2018.
- "Morphological Anti-Aliasing". SCS Software. February 26, 2011. https://blog.scssoft.com/2011/02/morphological-anti-aliasing.html. Retrieved May 5, 2020.
- "To HDR or not to HDR". SCS Software. April 6, 2011. https://blog.scssoft.com/2011/04/to-hdr-or-not-hdr.html. Retrieved May 5, 2020.
- "Euro Truck Simulator 2 for PC Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. January 18, 2013. http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/euro-truck-simulator-2. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- "Euro Truck Simulator 2". Steam Spy. https://steamspy.com/app/227300. Retrieved December 10, 2016.
- "SCS Blender Tools". SCS Software. November 29, 2013. https://blog.scssoft.com/2013/11/scs-blender-tools.html. Retrieved May 5, 2020.
- B.N. Reporter (December 3, 2013). "SCS Software Announces SCS Blender ToolsAdmin". Industry News. http://blendernews.org/xe/Industry_News/5900. Retrieved May 12, 2020.
- "Description". https://scssoft.com/press/sheet?p=other_projects. Retrieved May 5, 2020.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prism3D was the original source. Read more.