Chemistry:List of chemical elements
This is a list of the 118 chemical elements which have been identified as of 2022. A chemical element, often simply called an element, is a type of atom which has the same number of protons in its atomic nucleus (i.e., the same atomic number, or Z).
A popular visualization of all 118 elements is the periodic table of the elements, a convenient tabular arrangement of the elements by their chemical properties that uses abbreviated chemical symbols in place of full element names, but the simpler list format presented here may also be useful. Like the periodic table, the list below organizes the elements by the number of protons in their atoms; it can also be organized by other properties, such as atomic weight, density, and electronegativity. For more detailed information about the origins of element names, see List of chemical element name etymologies.
- List of people whose names are used in chemical element names
- List of places used in the names of chemical elements
- List of chemical element name etymologies
- Roles of chemical elements
- Atoms made thinkable, an interactive visualisation of the elements allowing physical and chemical properties to be compared
- Top 50 Elements, a quiz on the chemical symbols of the top 50 elements in the periodic table
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List of chemical elements. Read more