- GTP + (5')ppPur-mRNA [math]\rightleftharpoons[/math] diphosphate + G(5')pppPur-mRNA
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing nucleotide groups (nucleotidyltransferases). The systematic name of this enzyme class is GTP:mRNA guanylyltransferase. Other names in common use include mRNA capping enzyme, messenger RNA guanylyltransferase, and Protein 2.
- "Modification of the 5'-terminus of mRNA by soluble guanylyl and methyl transferases from vaccinia virus". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 72 (7): 2525–9. 1975. doi:10.1073/pnas.72.7.2525. PMID 1058472.
- "Methylation and capping of RNA polymerase II primary transcripts by HeLa nuclear homogenates". Biochemistry 17 (6): 977–82. 1978. doi:10.1021/bi00599a005. PMID 629955.
- "Messenger RNA guanylyltransferase from Saccharomyces cerevisiae Large scale purification, subunit functions, and subcellular localization". J. Biol. Chem. 262 (5): 1989–95. 1987. PMID 3029058.
- "Modification of RNA by mRNA guanylyltransferase and mRNA (guanine-7-)methyltransferase from vaccinia virions". J. Biol. Chem. 250 (24): 9330–5. 1975. PMID 1194287.
- "Purification of mRNA guanylyltransferase and mRNA (guanine-7-) methyltransferase from vaccinia virions". J. Biol. Chem. 250 (24): 9322–9. 1975. PMID 1194286.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRNA guanylyltransferase was the original source. Read more.