Astronomy:List of extraterrestrial memorials
Short description: Wikipedia list article
List of extraterrestrial memorials is a list of different types of memorials that are not on Earth.
Several landing sites have been named, either the spacecraft itself or the landing site:
- Pennants of Soviet Union on Mars 2 and Mars 3 landers (1971).
- Thomas Mutch Memorial Station, the Viking 1 lander (1976).
- Gerald Soffen Memorial Station, the Viking 2 lander (1976).
- Carl Sagan Memorial Station, Mars Pathfinder (Sojourner) base (1997).
- Challenger Memorial Station, MER-B (Opportunity) landing site area (2004).
- Columbia Memorial Station, MER-A (Spirit) landing site area (2004).
- Green Valley, the Phoenix lander (2008).
- Phoenix DVD
- Bradbury Landing, Curiosity rover landing site (August 6, 2012). (Note: No actual hardware at location.)
- Rafael Navarro Mountain (Curiosity rover; April 5, 2021)
- The Mars Curiosity Lincoln penny
- InSight Landing, the InSight lander (2018).
- Octavia E. Butler Landing, Perseverance rover landing site (2021).
- Perseverance rover Tribute to healthcare workers plate and Martian Meteorite
- "Send Your Name to Mars" on the Perseverance rover and Human DNA and Mars family inscriptions
- The Ingenuity helicopter carries a small piece of fabric from the wing of the first powered aircraft, the 1903 Wright Flyer built and flown by the Wright Brothers, and its take-off and landing area has been named Wright Brothers Field.
- Perseverance's parachute with coded message "Dare mighty things"
- Plaque designed by Carl Sagan on LAGEOS-1
- Immortality Drive, in the International Space Station
- A GeoSat time capsule aboard EchoStar XVI, The Last Pictures (includes 100 black and white photographs)
- Apollo 15 postal covers on the International Space Station
- 3 Lego Astronauts of Expedition 42: Terry Virts, Anton Shkaplerov and Samantha Cristoforetti
- The LEO library by the Arch Mission Foundation
- Fallen Astronaut, is a lunar plaque and small memorial statue for lives lost in space exploration. It was placed on the Moon during the 1971 Apollo 15 mission
- Apollo 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, and 17 each left a plaque and flag at their landing sites.
- Pennants of the Soviet Union on Luna 2 impactor
- Flag of India on ISRO's Moon Impact Probe that was released by Chandrayaan-1 and impacted the Lunar surface on 14 November 2008.
- Moon Museum was left on the leg of the lunar module on Apollo 12. It had artwork from Andy Warhol, Robert Rauschenberg, David Novros, Forrest Myers, Claes Oldenburg and John Chamberlain
- Luna 01 from Celestis
- Arch Mission Foundation's Lunar Library, possibly surviving after the Beresheet Moon lander's crash landing.
- The flag of China on Chang'e 5
- MoonArk, a lunar museum on the Peregrine lander. Made by Carnegie Mellon University
- Memory of Mankind on the Moon, Team Puli from Hungary plans to send a time capsule for the "Memory of Mankind (MoM) on the Moon" project. The capsule will hold ceramic tablets containing archival imagery and texts readable with a 10x magnifier.
- DHL Moonbox is a mementos box planned to go to the Moon on the Peregrine lander in 2021. It is made by DHL and Airbus Defence and Space
- All the payloads on DHL MoonBox
- Lunar Libraries by the Arch Mission Foundation
- Lunar Dream Time Capsule, from Astroscale
- Lunaprise A time capsule on the Nova-C lunar lander
- Luna 03
- Manfred Memorial Moon Mission (lunar flyby and Earth orbit, memorial to Manfred Fuchs)
- Two Voyager Golden Records, on board the Voyager spacecraft
- Arch Mission disk 1.2 on the Tesla Roadster in solar orbit.
- Rosetta disk prototype, on the Rosetta space probe
- New Horizons Memorabilia
- The Pioneer plaques, individual plaques on Pioneer 10 and Pioneer 11
- Soviet Craft - Mars (1960-1974)
- NSSDC - Viking 1 lander
- NSSDC - Viking 2 lander
- NSSDC - Mars Pathfinder
- NASA - Space Shuttle Challenger Crew Memorialized on Mars
- NASA - Space Shuttle Columbia Crew Memorialized on Mars
- "Curiosity Landing Site Named for Ray Bradbury". NASA. August 22, 2012. http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/videogallery/index.html?media_id=150917411.
- [https://www.springfieldnewssun.com/local/a-piece-of-wright-brothers-history-is-set-to-fly-again-on-mars/IY47YRTRVNBC7JT3H5CLYUD2JY/ Springfield News-Sun
- Potter, Sean (23 March 2021). NASA.gov "NASA Ingenuity Mars Helicopter Prepares for First Flight"]. NASA. https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-ingenuity-mars-helicopter-prepares-for-first-flight NASA.gov].
- "Sculpture, Fallen Astronaut". http://airandspace.si.edu/collections/artifact.cfm?object=nasm_A19860035000.
- Soviet Craft - Luna (1958-1976)
- Laxman, Srinivas (2008-11-15). "Chandrayaan-I Impact Probe lands on moon". Times Of India. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Chandrayaan-I_Impact_Probe_lands_on_moon/articleshow/3714245.cms.
- "China's lunar probe Chang'e-1 impacts moon". Xinhua News Agency. Mar 5, 2006. http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-03/01/content_10923205.htm.
- - MoonArk
- "Huygens landing site to be named after Hubert Curien". European Space Agency. 5 March 2007. http://www.esa.int/esaCP/SEM9GNN0LYE_index_0.html.
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ List of extraterrestrial memorials. Read more