Here is a list of articles in the Solar System category of the Astronomy portal. The Solar System or solar system consists of the Sun and the other celestial objects gravitationally bound to it: the eight planets, their 165 known moons, five officially-designated dwarf planets (including Pluto) and their six known moons, and billions of small bodies. Small bodies include asteroids, Kuiper belt objects, comets, meteoroids and interplanetary dust.
|Pages in this category should be moved to subcategories where applicable. This category may require frequent maintenance to avoid becoming too large. It should directly contain very few, if any, pages and should mainly contain subcategories.|
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Solar System"
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total.
- Solar System (astronomy)
- Outline of the Solar System (astronomy)
- Asteroid belt (astronomy)
- Disturbance storm time index (physics)
- Formation and evolution of the Solar System (astronomy)
- List of Solar System extremes (astronomy)
- Nebular hypothesis (astronomy)
- List of named Solar System objects (astronomy)
- Zodiacal light (astronomy)