Astronomy:Oileán Ruaidh (Mars rock)
|Oileán Ruaidh (Mars rock)|
A picture of the rock taken by Opportunity rover while it was 31 meters away.
|Found date||September 2010|
Oileán Ruaidh (pronounced "ill-lawn roo-ah") is a rock discovered on Mars in September 2010 by the Opportunity rover. It is a 45 centimeter wide dark rock that is thought to be an iron meteorite. It was given the name Oileán Ruaidh ("Red Island") after the Irish language name of Oileán Ruaidh island in County Donegal in Ireland.
- Astronomy:Block Island meteorite
- Astronomy:Bounce Rock – A football-sized primarily pyroxene rock found in the Margaritifer Sinus quadrangle of Mars
- Astronomy:Glossary of meteoritics – Wikipedia glossary
- Astronomy:Heat Shield Rock – A basketball-sized iron-nickel meteorite found on Mars
- Astronomy:List of rocks on Mars – Alphabetical list of named rocks and meteorites found on Mars
- Astronomy:Mackinac Island meteorite
- Astronomy:Mars – Fourth planet from the Sun in the Solar System
- Astronomy:Mars Exploration Rover
- Astronomy:Shelter Island meteorite
Original source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Oileán Ruaidh (Mars rock). Read more